Lesson learned, A-hole...

7. Fat people.  Why am I always sandwiched between a couple of them?

282127[/snapback]

I had a guy sit next to my wife and I on a trip to Jamaca who was so big she couldn't get the arm rest down next to her. The SOB was taking up half her seat.

I fly at least once every other month and this was by far the biggest of the big men ever.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#9) Getting a cell out as soon as the freakin wheels hit the ground, and speaking so loud for us all to realize just how important they are. God help us frequent flyers if they ever allow cell use during a flight.

282130[/snapback]

A couple years back I was flying from Buffalo to Minnesota and the plane I boarded in Buffalo was on its way to Minnesota from NY so half the passengers were just staying on the plane for the layover. Turned out the weather was bad in Minnesota that day so our flight was delayed for a couple hours and we were all stuck on the plane together on the ground.

This girl on his cell phone was jabbering away at her boyfriend about the delay and lamented "No, I don't think we'll make it in tonight - we're stuck in Pennsylvania right now."

So not only was she proving how important she was, we all got to hear how intelligent she was as well.

Along those same lines, why is it that people seem to love to use the bathroom on airplanes.  I understand if it's a long cross country flight, but not if it's a short one or two hour flight.  Can they really not hold it for an hour?  Usually it's like ten minutes into the flight.  Couldn't they have gone before they got on the plane?  The last time I used the bathroom on a plane was in 1988 on a flight to San Francisco from somewhere in the northeast (I think Pittsburgh).  I was only 8 and I just had hernia surgery, so it felt like I always had to go.  Anyway, the point is, can't people hold it?  Is the novelty of going on a plane that is so amusing?

282131[/snapback]

Well, when its a dollar more to double the size of the draft, sometimes that 45 minutes between boarding and seat belt sign off can seem like an eternity

If you come to the USA and get on one of our flights, and still refuse to take that god damned towel off your head in OUR country, then you should be prohibited from using a bathroom on a flight. Hold it. Or take the towel off.

Yes, ethnocentric. Moreover, I'd rather not die on an airplane at the hands of some crazy who thinks killing himself so that a whole plane full of people die too.

282113[/snapback]

Right, because the towel on their head gives them their magical terroristic powers. Take off the towel, and they're absolutely powerless. :D

Remind me again, how many arabs have hijacked planes in the last 3+ years? Yeah, that's what I thought.

CW

Along those same lines, why is it that people seem to love to use the bathroom on airplanes.  I understand if it's a long cross country flight, but not if it's a short one or two hour flight.  Can they really not hold it for an hour?  Usually it's like ten minutes into the flight.  Couldn't they have gone before they got on the plane? 

282131[/snapback]

I am going to hazard a guess that you a a single guy Joe. Any married man knows that 10 minutes into any trip their wife has to stop and pee.

"Please God, not next to me" Look - Southwest only.

282145[/snapback]

Dude, I have that look on all my flights. I fly to the UK about once every six weeks. Not so bad going, but coming back is a real crap shoot. Learned my lesson to take early morning flight coming back.If you leave Heathrow in the afternoon, gives flights from the middle and far east, as well as Africa, time to make connections. Now you have people where the culture may be that a shower a day is a not the norm, having flown already for 8-10 hours, next to you for another 8. Lets just say I have gotten BA to upgrade me a cabin as the olafactory quality of the the air directly next to me has been unbearable

Right, because the towel on their head gives them their magical terroristic powers.  Take off the towel, and they're absolutely powerless.  :D

Remind me again, how many arabs have hijacked planes in the last 3+ years?  Yeah, that's what I thought.

CW

282150[/snapback]

Didn't McVeigh have a towel on his head. and they wonder why they gotta stop EVERYBODY.

I am going to hazard a guess that you a a single guy Joe. Any married man knows that 10 minutes into any trip their wife has to stop and pee.

282155[/snapback]

I am not married, but I will make sure when selecting my wife that she will possess certain essential survival skills, such as the ability to abstain from going to the bathroom for long periods of time.

If you come to the USA and get on one of our flights, and still refuse to take that god damned towel off your head in OUR country, then you should be prohibited from using a bathroom on a flight. Hold it. Or take the towel off.

Yes, ethnocentric. Moreover, I'd rather not die on an airplane at the hands of some crazy who thinks killing himself so that a whole plane full of people die too.

282113[/snapback]

GD you're a f'in idiot.

Speaking of plane stories. When I flew to California last year, there were a lot of people of Arab-decent on the flight scattered about throughout the plane. This caused many people to feel uneasy including the flight attendant who was standing next to me. She looked at me and she looked horrified.

Anyway, I looked around and made eye contact with various other able-bodied males on the plane and I think everyone became aware of who was were and what needed to be done should anything come of it.

So as we get to cruising altitude, a few of those Arab guys got together near the bathroom right next to our seats. That didn't go over to well and I was shocked. I stared at them the whole time before they were asked to sit in their seats after about five minutes.

Not to sound racist or anything like that, but if you're Arabian looking, sit in your damn seat and don't loiter.

282069[/snapback]

Nothing to be ashamed about. Most terrorists are Muslim.

GD you're a f'in idiot.

282196[/snapback]

Yep... You can love these American hating towel-heads all you want. I choose to keep a close eye on em. At least someone will make them feel welcome. I'll make em feel the brunt force of my size 14s to their head if they make a wrong move on a plane I'm on. To each their own.

Nothing to be ashamed about. Most terrorists are Muslim.

282203[/snapback]

:D

Have anything to back that up with? Or you just using anecdotal evidence you get from the media?

Oklahoma ring any bells?

CW