Mid-Major College Basketball preseason poll: UB #1

PromoTheRobot

15 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Also Canisius with an honorable mention. 

Canisius  really blew a golden chance last year especially the way the MAAC tournament broke out of going to the dance.  They should be ready to make that run this year.  UB is loaded, they are a top 25 team imo & if they get the right draw come selection Sunday, could see the second weekend of the tournament.  Should be a fun year in WNY for college hoops.  Niagara is not going to be bad either.  Bonnie, not sure about, haven't read a lot about them.  They loss a ton of scoring from last year.

5 hours ago, Gordio said:

Canisius  really blew a golden chance last year especially the way the MAAC tournament broke out of going to the dance.  They should be ready to make that run this year.  UB is loaded, they are a top 25 team imo & if they get the right draw come selection Sunday, could see the second weekend of the tournament.  Should be a fun year in WNY for college hoops.  Niagara is not going to be bad either.  Bonnie, not sure about, haven't read a lot about them.  They loss a ton of scoring from last year.

Bonnie’s recruited the  #1 scorer in WNY history.

Dom Welch, he played 1 minute from my house.. he is going to be very good for them 

Yeah I haven't really followed the offseason of Bonnie.  I just know they loss Adams & Mobley, which combined averaged about 40 points per game.  I highly doubt the #1 scorer in WNY is going to make up for that kind of production, at least a s a freshman.  

6 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Yeah I haven't really followed the offseason of Bonnie.  I just know they loss Adams & Mobley, which combined averaged about 40 points per game.  I highly doubt the #1 scorer in WNY is going to make up for that kind of production, at least a s a freshman.  

Definitely not as a Freshman and I’m not even a huge Bonnie’s fan.. and he’s #1 in WNY history.. over Laetner, Johnny Flynn, Paul Harris

but he will be a legitimate star for them by his Sophomore-JR season 

He is super talented and would’ve been a much higher recruit but he has very poor academics and couldn’t get into a lot of places

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

We had the best recruiting class I can ever remember.  And, now we got a commit from an ESPN 4 star recruit for 2019. 

The best part of the linked article is that the A-10 is not considered a mid-major!

• Like (+1) 1