Josh Allen Nominated for Rookie of the Week

26CornerBlitz

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I voted for him, but thanks to the quietest 2nd half in recent memory, I don't think his stat line will draw the votes needed. His first half was absolutely ridiculous, though.

He'll hurdle right past all of his fellow rookie challengers.

• Haha (+1) 3

People only looking at stat lines and highlights won't realize what a good game he had.  Daboll crawled into a shell in the second half.  In the first half, Allen did everything asked of him and did it very well.

Then again, I only looked at a few highlights of his competitors and then voted for Allen.  I'm a homer.  

We’ll see. Mayfield came in down two scores at home vs the Jets and played about a half. One could argue that Allen didn’t do much in the 2nd half, and the Bills were set up by takeaways. It was on the road vs an NFC team viewed as a SB contender. It will be interesting. 

Mayfield at home against the jets or Allen on the road against Minnesota, both dominated a half of football, mayfield has better talent around him too, have to go with Allen here if it’s between those two. Ridley had a great day but he has Matt Ryan throwing to him and Julio to take coverage away

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Honestly I don't think Josh Allen cares. The win and the us against the world feeling in that locker room seems to be enough.

A single week's rookie award is nice but I imagine he's got bigger things in mind.

Wrong. He's singularly focused on this and this alone.  ;)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Allen was awesome.

But Baker will win and honestly probably should. Baker had to come off the bench in making his debut and lead his team to victory trailing 14-0 i think? 

I thought Baker played great as well... but Allen literally put the offense on his back, oh WR's drop two TD's in a row? Ill just run it in myself!

Baker wasnt fully game planned for, Allen was, and by a much better defense in an away game. Baker played at home

The Mayfield/Browns storyline is much sexier.

Coming off the bench and leading the Browns to their first win in 392.4 years vs. a major upset?  I think Mayfield wins this, hands down.

I think Allen was better.  I just think Mayfield wins this one.