OT - Boston Legal - Last Night

aussiew

My roommate and I were watching (as usual) - when they determined that nyphomania was the best defense, we both started cracking up, as we knew that Denny Crane would have a field day with it. Fortunately, he didn't let us down.

Awesome - this show just keeps getting better. Great "one-liners".

281822[/snapback]

Unfortunately, this might be the end of Boston Legal. IMO ... it's the best comedy/drama show on TV. It's the only one I make sure not to miss, but according to some websites, ABC won't be renewing it which sucks.

EDIT: I just read some trade sites that said that BL will be renewed so who knows.

James Spader and Will Shatner perform amazing on that show, and the chicks ... well they are simply amazing too!

REALLY?? That sucks

281924[/snapback]

Actually, maybe I'm wrong. I've visited some trade websites this morning and they said that Boston Legal will be having some guest stars for May sweeps.

I'm not sure what to make of it, some sites say ABC won't renew, others say they will definitely renew. The show is too good not pass up I think. Hell, Seinfeld had trouble his first two seasons and then took off in his third season.

Unfortunately, this might be the end of Boston Legal. IMO ... it's the best comedy/drama show on TV. It's the only one I make sure not to miss, but according to some websites, ABC won't be renewing it which sucks.

EDIT: I just read some trade sites that said that BL will be renewed so who knows.

James Spader and Will Shatner perform amazing on that show, and the chicks ... well they are simply amazing too!

281858[/snapback]

Where did you hear that it wouldn't be renewed? it was in the top slot on Sunday night at 10 and is actually doing a pretty damn good job against the competition. I think ABC would be foolish to let it slide thru their hands.

Where did you hear that it wouldn't be renewed?  it was in the top slot on Sunday night at 10 and is actually doing a pretty damn good job against the competition.  I think ABC would be foolish to let it slide thru their hands.

281979[/snapback]

Google it man ... the common complaint against the show was that it had a great lead in with DHW but it lost most of those viewers. ABC has a history of blowing out good shows because of lackluster ratings ... ie ... Miracles about two years ago. Great show but the ratings were never there because the show kept getting bumped for one reason or another.

Anyway, I think Boston Legal is safe simply because the competition would jump all over it. ABC dominates Sundays and I don't think they'll offer up a great show like Boston Legal to CBS or NBC.

Google it man ... the common complaint against the show was that it had a great lead in with DHW but it lost most of those viewers. ABC has a history of blowing out good shows because of lackluster ratings ... ie ... Miracles about two years ago. Great show but the ratings were never there because the show kept getting bumped for one reason or another.

Anyway, I think Boston Legal is safe simply because the competition would jump all over it. ABC dominates Sundays and I don't think they'll offer up a great show like Boston Legal to CBS or NBC.

282048[/snapback]

DHW is not the best lead in for BL. Most people who watch DHW are not the demographic that watches BL. I do NOT watch DHW, but instead come in to watch BL.

DHW is not the best lead in for BL.  Most people who watch DHW are not the demographic that watches BL.  I do NOT watch DHW, but instead come in to watch BL.

282057[/snapback]

I completely agree. I hate DHW.

DHW is not the best lead in for BL.  Most people who watch DHW are not the demographic that watches BL.  I do NOT watch DHW, but instead come in to watch BL.

282057[/snapback]

I totally agree with you. They have the wrong lead for Boston Legal. i tried watching DHW and I felt ill. It's such a dumb show. My mom likes it, but she doesn't like BL. We dad is like me, he doesnt like DHW, but he loves BL.