Is RR Leaving or getting fired...

KRC

6 minutes ago, KRC said:

Place your bets now. Looks like it will happen soon, regardless of the outcome.

RR leaving or getting fired. You make the call.

My guess is that regardless of the message that comes out, it will fall along party lines (Dems - Fired, Reps - Left Job).

He won't be fired until after the Declass happens. He might resign first - which would be unexpected... but right now the news reports on the issue are all conflicting.

(imo)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Just breaking, (rumored) the IG Horowitz apparently recommended RR be removed.

Not surprising, but I still don't think Trump will do it (of course, he has proven me wrong in the past). I think the message will be that RR left on his own. I am guessing the GoFundMe page is already online.

• Like (+1) 1

That he said what was printed in the NYT is doubtful in its real meaning. I could see him sarcastically ask "what do you want me to do, wear a wire"? I don't see him asking that question in front of a group of people if he was serious. The difficulty here is in getting someone else to take his place approved by the Senate.

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

McCabe statement:

Everything, and I mean everything coming out of McCabe's mouth has to be viewed as it pertains to his legal troubles.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

That he said what was printed in the NYT is doubtful in its real meaning. I could see him sarcastically ask "what do you want me to do, wear a wire"? I don't see him asking that question in front of a group of people if he was serious. The difficulty here is in getting someone else to take his place approved by the Senate.

Everything, and I mean everything coming out of McCabe's mouth has to be viewed as it pertains to his legal troubles.

If they stick with Noel Fransico, the Senate wouldn't have to re-confirm him. 

That also explains why Rachel Brand was removed earlier in the year (she would have replaced RR and was an Obama/Clinton acolyte) 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/justice-department-official-brand-leaves-partly-over-fear-she-might-n847156

• Like (+1) 1