Sirius Aquires Pandora: Yuuugeee

boyst

52 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

So what's left in subscription radio - Sirius XM and I Heart Radio?  I Heart Radio, last I checked, is struggling.  Sirius is really the only (major) player.

And there is a great big difference for Sirius over everyone. Direct access to NFL, NFL, mlb, nba, Nascar and many live events. 

This gives Sirius an in to millions of phones and a content sharing device they've already adapted but also allows Pandora listeners to pay to tap in to Sirius' offerings.

I think it's a big deal.

19 hours ago, teef said:

This could be amazing. I still don’t completely understand how it will help SiriusXM users, (I’m assuming a lot more content) but I love both of the products. 

If it allows me access to Pandora ad free as part of my Sirius subscription, then I'm okay with it. 

Someone at the Sirius Yacht Rock desk just forwarded their master scheme to have it blast worldwide on every device for one hour, uninterrupted.  

I kid but IMO, satellite radio has forwarded music appreciation more than a music teacher could dream to do.  It gives you the opportunity to listen to music you've never been exposed to before.

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

If it allows me access to Pandora ad free as part of my Sirius subscription, then I'm okay with it. 

*Yawn* dual unlimited lifetime subs, one with all XM content, too.  I get free online listening. I turn it on and leave my phone on silent just to enjoy the simple fact that with my grandfathered Verizon contract's unlimited data thay I am God.