The Ringer: We Take it All Back - Josh Allen is Good

YoloinOhio

The rookie QB cleared his first hurdle as the Bills embarrassed a supposed Super Bowl favorite in Minnesota

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/9/23/17893652/we-take-it-all-back-josh-allen-is-good

It’s time to eat some crow. After months of internet skepticism—including from myself—the tall, mobile, howitzer-armed quarterback that was promised has arrived. Josh Allen went 15-for-22 for 196 yards, one touchdown, no picks, and a 111.2 passer rating as the lowly Bills knocked off the Vikings, 27-6.

all he said after the game was he needed to do more. Handled it very matter- of -factly.

And yet in their ¨praise¨ they have to get in a little dig with the ¨lowly Bills¨ comment. Ummm, you just admitted to being wrong about Allen. Perhaps the ¨lowly Bills¨ perception is unwarranted, as well, after a dismantling of the ¨mighty¨ Vikings. ?

1 minute ago, mannc said:

But of course “the Bills are almost certainly still one of the worst teams in the NFL”. ?

Though they earned that over the first 6 quarters of the year, I agree that considering they were a playoff team last year and just beat one of the best teams in the league in the road, that label may not be accurate. But they will never get the benefit of the doubt, as we know. 

a·nom·a·ly
əˈnäməlē/
noun

1. 1.
    something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.
    "there are a number of anomalies in the present system"
    synonyms: oddity, peculiarity, abnormality, irregularity, inconsistency, incongruity, aberration, quirk, rarity
    "the growth on the duck's bill is a harmless anomaly"

It is going to take MORE than "One-in-a-row" to make the Bills more than an anomaly!

And this from them, funny, true???: https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/9/24/17895144/winners-and-losers-week-3-buffalo-bills-new-england-patriots

But now that the Bills are America’s Team, the situation is flipped. Now we know what the Bills’ problem was: It was Vontae Davis.

Before Davis retired, the Bills played six quarters and were outscored 75-9. Since Davis retired, the Bills have played six quarters and have outscored the opposition 41-9. Never mind that Davis didn’t even play in the Bills’ Week 1 game—just being on the roster caused Nathan Peterman to post a 0.0 QB rating in that game.

This same scenario happened in Friday Night Lights—quarterback Ray “Voodoo” Tatum walked out of a Dillon game at halftime, revealing that it was actually Voodoo’s negative energy holding the Panthers back, and after that they went undefeated and made the state championship game, where they played Voodoo Tatum’s new team. So, when Vontae Davis comes out of retirement to play for another team, look for that squad to play the Bills in the Super Bowl.

Vontae and Voodoo ....is see a pattern here. Stay away from football players with a V in their name.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

And yet in their ¨praise¨ they have to get in a little dig with the ¨lowly Bills¨ comment. Ummm, you just admitted to being wrong about Allen. Perhaps the ¨lowly Bills¨ perception is unwarranted, as well, after a dismantling of the ¨mighty¨ Vikings. ?

It will take more than one upset win in week three to change the national perception of the bills.

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

But of course “the Bills a almost certainly still one of the worst teams in the NFL”. ?

8 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Baby steps.   prior to this week, the bills had given up more points than anyone in the NFL during the first two weeks.  But it really seems to split into the pre-and post Vonte Davis era's .  The seasons first 6 quarters were awful. The second 6 quarters were brilliant.  Once we get to .500 we can start complaining about lack of respect. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Though they earned that over the first 6 quarters of the year, I agree that considering they were a playoff team last year and just beat one of the best teams in the league in the road, that label may not be accurate. But they will never get the benefit of the doubt, as we know. 

The Bills did make the playoffs last year, but in all fairness, the team is not THAT TEAM. Many key players gone.

When NE loses B&B they will lose all the clout those two bring to the team.

Today was just a Wake-up call from the Bills to the league, don't write us off so easily.

If we haven't just arrived, we will be arriving shortly.

Personally, I can't wait until we SPANK Brady and the Pats!

1 minute ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Baby steps.   prior to this week, the bills had given up more points than anyone in the NFL during the first two weeks.  But it really seems to split into the pre-and post Vonte Davis era's .  The seasons first 6 quarters were awful. The second 6 quarters were brilliant.  Once we get to .500 we can start complaining about lack of respect. 

I wasn´t talking about respect. I couldn´t care less whether outsiders love or hate the Bills...everyone is entitled to his or her opinion; however, these armchair QBs have proven time and again that they know little about the team whether delivering faint praise or tearing it a new one. I was simply pointing out that in this guy´s mea culpa on Josh Allen, he takes an unnecessary dig at the team on his way out the door after the best performance of the kid´s fledgling career. The narrative has yet to be written on Allen or the Bills´ season. The sample size is still too small to declare either of them a success or a disaster. Plain and simple, the ¨lowly Bills¨ comment was misplaced in what was supposed to be an admission of error on his part. End of story.

21 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Yes. Baby steps. 

4 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I wasn´t talking about respect. I couldn´t care less whether outsiders love or hate the Bills...everyone is entitled to his or her opinion; however, these armchair QBs have proven time and again that they know little about the team whether delivering faint praise or tearing it a new one. I was simply pointing out that in this guy´s mea culpa on Josh Allen, he takes an unnecessary dig at the team on his way out the door after the best performance of the kid´s fledgling career. The narrative has yet to be written on Allen or the Bills´ season. The sample size is still too small to declare either of them a success or a disaster. Plain and simple, the ¨lowly Bills¨ comment was misplaced in what was supposed to be an admission of error on his part. End of story.

i feel bad

32 minutes ago, cd1 said:

The Bills did make the playoffs last year, but in all fairness, the team is not THAT TEAM. Many key players gone.

When NE loses B&B they will lose all the clout those two bring to the team.

Today was just a Wake-up call from the Bills to the league, don't write us off so easily.

If we haven't just arrived, we will be arriving shortly.

Personally, I can't wait until we SPANK Brady and the Pats!

They earned their early season reputation but that part doesn’t seem to be why. A bad QB they didn’t trust to throw the ball, two OL and a CB who was off the field more than he was on it. That’s who is gone. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Normal to doubt the Bills. Have you read THIS board and the comments from (supposedly) fans?

Thinks is, we don't know what the team is. They get blown out then they crush. Only the the 2nd half of the Chargers game was it even.

The defense is really something. Between those first 6 quarters and the last 6, could it be more different? Let's hope the latter is the accurate play as it was fun to watch! Anybody recall that QB pressure from the Bills D in the last 5-8 years?

As for Allen, IMO he has been the real deal since he stepped on the field. And his WRs still can't catch!

I don’t know how long it will take for Allen to reach the game in and game out consistency that great QBs have. I do know that he is tremendously gifted. That is the second time he has “wowed!” me with his athleticism. My expectations were less for sure!

Expectations are probably the reason for that comment! Look,  this franchise finally made the playoffs after the length of time that it takes to have a kid and see that same kid graduate high school! Many felt that they got lucky and backed into the post season! Not me, but that doesn’t matter, there are still many perceptions and expectations out there that won’t change until they are well - changed by the current team. I think we FINALLY have the coaches and the QB to do it!! But, it will take probably years of winning!!

56 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Normal to doubt the Bills. Have you read THIS board and the comments from (supposedly) fans?

Thinks is, we don't know what the team is. They get blown out then they crush. Only the the 2nd half of the Chargers game was it even.

The defense is really something. Between those first 6 quarters and the last 6, could it be more different? Let's hope the latter is the accurate play as it was fun to watch! Anybody recall that QB pressure from the Bills D in the last 5-8 years?

As for Allen, IMO he has been the real deal since he stepped on the field. And his WRs still can't catch!

Good post! I thought the same thing during the game. Couldn’t remember the last time they got after the QB that way! Alexander needs to be on the d-line that’s for sure!! Hope Murph can stay healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The rookie QB cleared his first hurdle as the Bills embarrassed a supposed Super Bowl favorite in Minnesota

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/9/23/17893652/we-take-it-all-back-josh-allen-is-good

all he said after the game was he needed to do more. Handled it very matter- of -factly.

NEWS FLASH!!!

CROW has now been added to the Endangered Species List !! 

Still need to see the consistency, but his accuracy was MUCH better this week. Only the one really bad long ball that was almost an INT.. I do like the fact he was actually hitting the open WR's in stride this week compared to last.. He also seemed to scan the field a little better as well.