Possible Round 2 Pick ?

Mark VI

Blurb from the Allen Wilson Sporting News Article on the Bills

Wisconsin DT Anttaj Hathaway ( 6-3 320 ) may get strong consideration in the draft if he's available in the second round. Bills defensive line coach Tim Krumrie attended a Wisconsin workout recently and personally went through one-on-one drills with all the Badger defensive linemen. Krumrie came away impressed with Hathaway's toughness and tenacity, traits Krumrie displayed as a player. Hathaway also has good quickness and a knack for disrupting plays in the backfield.

I looked him up on the GBN Report and he was ranked #54 out of the top 150 prospects. Fair chance he might be there in Round #2. I realize every mock draft has us picking a OL but we lost a pretty good DT in the last month.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/hawthorne_anttaj

Blurb from the Allen Wilson Sporting News Article on the Bills

Wisconsin DT Anttaj Hathaway ( 6-3 320 ) may get strong consideration in the draft if he's available in the second round. Bills defensive line coach Tim Krumrie attended a Wisconsin workout recently and personally went through one-on-one drills with all the Badger defensive linemen. Krumrie came away impressed with Hathaway's toughness and tenacity, traits Krumrie displayed as a player. Hathaway also has good quickness and a knack for disrupting plays in the backfield.

I looked him up on the GBN Report and he was ranked #54 out of the top 150 prospects. Fair chance he might be there in Round #2. I realize every mock draft has us picking a OL but we lost a pretty good DT in the last month.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/hawthorne_anttaj

281690[/snapback]

I don't know if we can afford to pick a DT that high. It will take him 2-3 years to become a competent OG. By that time our defense will be over the hill. :doh:

I don't know if we can afford to pick a DT that high.  It will take him 2-3 years to become a competent OG.  By that time our defense will be over the hill. :doh:

281727[/snapback]

He and Bannon could be twins. :P

I can't wait until the last couple of weeks before the Draft. That's when we'll read dozens of posts stating no one is worthy of our 2nd round pick. We should just trade down and aquire 3 or 4 6th rounders, otherwise we'd just blow the pick. ;)

He and Bannon could be twins.  ;)

I can't wait until the last couple of weeks before the Draft. That's when we'll read dozens of posts stating no one is worthy of our 2nd round pick. We should just trade down and aquire 3 or 4 6th rounders, otherwise we'd just blow the pick.  :doh:

281739[/snapback]

Yeah, we should take the Jimmy Johnson approach and wind up with a bunch of mediocre players with our 8 picks in the 5th round.

Here's a mock with us taking a DT.

Luis Castillo DT 6'3" 305 Northwestern

Excels at run stopping. He is a big, strong , intelligent playmaker who controls the middle of the line.

http://www.insidetheeagles.com/2005mockdraft2ndRound.htm

281770[/snapback]

Nice find, Ross. Here's more on him.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/castillo_luis

I really hope the Bills dont take a DT in Round Two, just because I think that we addressed that last year with Anderson and we STILL have a very capable Ron Edwards on roster.

On the O-Line...we have no decent depth like we do at DT and seriously need to consider using both our 2nd and 3rd rounders to bolster the O-Line.

I would not mind Hawthorne or Castillo. Patterson's lack of size makes me nervous. NE drafted Dan Klecko a few years ago as an undersized DT. They tried him at linebacker. He just doesn't seem to fit anywhere. I'm not convinced that Patterson would hold up in the NFL and he doesn't have as much speed/quickness as Klecko did.

BTW, how did you ever get Hathaway out of Hawthorne?

I would not mind Hawthorne or Castillo.  Patterson's lack of size makes me nervous.  NE drafted Dan Klecko a few years ago as an undersized DT.  They tried him at linebacker.  He just doesn't seem to fit anywhere.  I'm not convinced that Patterson would hold up in the NFL and he doesn't have as much speed/quickness as Klecko did.

BTW, how did you ever get Hathaway out of Hawthorne?

281851[/snapback]

Oops. Did a cut and paste from the SN article. Thanks everyone for correcting me. :doh: