If we keep Travis Henry this season

RVJ

What do you think of TD giving him a couple hundred thousand dollar raise.

Just to smooth things over . This is just an opinion...you don't have to agree with it.

But don't bash it either.

Just to smooth things over . This is just an opinion...you don't have to agree with it.

281625[/snapback]

Not enough. I am thinking he should get a similar deal to Orlando Pace, if not much more.

Travis, with his brains, ball handling skills, blocking ability, pin point passing routes, great hands, ball control, balance, exemplary off field conduct is a hot commodity. His w/l record as a starter truly is stunning! THAT is why TDs phone is ringing off the hook with offers for this superstar.

In fact, TD was last seen at a kennel. He was looking for an attack dog to keep other GMs away from him because they are coming at all hours of the night, insisting on a deal for Travis!

Another way to "soothe" things would be for RW to issue him a personal apology for not giving him enough respect.

I have an idea! How about if Mr. Wilson offers him 10% of the team! Just a thought.

Not enough. I am thinking he should get a similar deal to Orlando Pace, if not much more.

Travis, with his brains, ball handling skills, blocking ability, pin point passing routes, great hands, ball control, balance, exemplary off field conduct is a hot commodity. His w/l record as a starter truly is stunning!  THAT is why TDs phone is ringing off the hook with offers for this superstar.

In fact, TD was last seen at a kennel. He was looking for an attack dog to keep other GMs away from him because they are coming at all hours of the night, insisting on a deal for Travis!

Another way to "soothe" things would be for RW to issue him a personal apology for not giving him enough respect.

I have an idea! How about if Mr. Wilson offers him 10% of the team! Just a thought.

281639[/snapback]

Ha! Ha! OK, OK, Get off him man! He's Out! TKO! Ding, Ding! :doh:

281625[/snapback]

Give him a raise for what?

Being a locker room cancer?

Demanding a trade?

Whining either directly ro through his mom and agent for the last two years?

Saying that Mcgahee doesn't deserve to start and Travis had his job stolen?

He ought give TD a few hundred K.

I understand the concern regarding RB depth behind MaGahee. Henry basically cleared out of Buffalo immediately after the season and has no intention of returning. I don't think he'd even report , if he was still on the roster.

The Bills should just move him for anything they can get at this point. Find some depth in the draft or a late camp cut for a backup.

I understand the concern regarding RB depth behind MaGahee.  Henry basically cleared out of Buffalo immediately after the season and has no intention of returning. I don't think he'd even report , if he was still on the roster.

The Bills should just move him for anything they can get at this point. Find some depth in the draft or a late camp cut for a backup.

281672[/snapback]

Agreed. If the Bills can upgrade the OL, I am thinking that there are lots of players who can run behind it.

Also, it appears to be a good thing that there are so many blue chip rbs in the draft this year. The Bills dont have the pick nor the need to go after one, and can hopefully find a kid who can run in a later round.

I understand the concern regarding RB depth behind MaGahee.  Henry basically cleared out of Buffalo immediately after the season and has no intention of returning. I don't think he'd even report , if he was still on the roster.

281672[/snapback]

I really doubt anything dramatic will be necessary. Henry would have to adopt the attitude and actions of a Wickey Williams to not report at all. Such a move would essentially end his career as the Bills would retain the rights to him and no other team would want to take on the burden of a player who has then gone two seasons since being productive on the field, finished his play the last time with an injury and now has let down his teammates an his team in addition to these issues.

If TD does not get good value for Henry in a trade, then we almost certainly pursue the line TD has been talking all along that we would be please to have Henry back with the Bills. In the face of this, Henry has no other sane options (I think he is certainly not a bright boy, but has shown no signs of Wickey level insanity like having a rap star as his agent, a history of pro-Marahoochee statements, unusual physical appearance like his dreads, participating in and forcing his trade) than to suck it up and operate as best he can as WM's back-up.

Perhaps he will take an insane approach, but seeing this as the likely option for action probably says more about the thinking of the poster in terms of what is sane than it is an accurate prediction of the Henry course of action.

If he takes such idiot actions, the Bills merely just move on and do nothing and he is hosed.

Travis, with his brains, ball handling skills, blocking ability, pin point passing routes, great hands, ball control, balance, exemplary off field conduct is a hot commodity. His w/l record as a starter truly is stunning!  THAT is why TDs phone is ringing off the hook with offers for this superstar.

281639[/snapback]

Bravo!