Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde?

Foxx

image.png.c20df18c5471cd37dbae1bae41bc391b.png

A team that is gonna have some growing pains with a rookie qb on the field, but one that fields a strong defense, that can win the turnover battle on both sides of the ball. An offense that does enough to capitalize on the possessions & extra possessions they have, can win games & make the playoffs. Kinda like how we saw happen last year. Guess it just took a few weeks to get this ship going. Hopefully it continues :P

Edited by brianthomas
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

image.png.c20df18c5471cd37dbae1bae41bc391b.png

A team that fields a strong defense, that can win the turnover battle on both sides of the ball. An offense that does enough to capitalize on the possessions & extra possessions they have, can win games & make the playoffs. Kinda like how we saw happen last year. Guess it just took a few weeks to get this ship going. Hopefully it continues :P

i think that with all the attention focused on the quarterback position and who we were going to start/keep, that we just weren't focused enough on getting the team ready for the regular season. better to have gotten ready a game and a half in than 3 games in i guess. any hoo, i think we are somewhere inbetween but if i had to guess, i'd say we are closer to the team we saw the last 6 quarters than we are to the team that played the first 6.

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

who are these Bills?

we started the season playing the first 6 quarters like poo.

we follow that up with 6 quarters of decent football.

ykOHfF.gif

Any guy who makes it to the NFL is an amazing athlete.

I think these guys got their pride up from being dissed off on all sides - National media claiming they couldn't beat Alabama, VD quitting on them, on and on.

They put a chip on their shoulders and decided they were going to come out with a roar and they did.

I also think that new guy looks like an upgrade at CB over Gaines or Davis.  Hope he's not bad hurt.  Nate Orchard looks like a quality pick up as well.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Any guy who makes it to the NFL is an amazing athlete.

I think these guys got their pride up from being dissed off on all sides - National media claiming they couldn't beat Alabama, VD quitting on them, on and on.

They put a chip on their shoulders and decided they were going to come out with a roar and they did.

I also think that new guy looks like an upgrade at CB over Gaines or Davis.  Hope he's not bad hurt.  Nate Orchard looks like a quality pick up as well.

oh man, Lewis looked like a stud out there today. if he plays that way for the rest of the season, we are set.  we will be thanking VD for quiting at halftime last week. hell, we might even let him keep a portion of his signing bonus. not!

one thing i was kind of surpried at today is that i didn't really see the Vikes try to test the over the middle stuff against Edmunds like the Chargers killed us with until it was essentially game over and we were giving them all the underneath stuff. no idea who their coordinator is but i'm thinking i would at least tested those waters early.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s a long season. 

Yolo,

I got a chuckle out of this. It's like saying it's hard to win in the NFL.

The 1st few games of the year are still kinda like preseason in a way. All we can do and take a huge positive is that the first 6 qtrs of the year were straight garbage and the last 6 qtrs we look like playoff contenders. I hope we keep building on it. The team appears to be a team and gelling. 

Coaching baby, coaching!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It could be as simple as we got off to a slow start this year

I know this....if we win next week ppl better start re evaluating their win/loss predictions for the year....me included

i honestly had no idea where we would be this season, John. i just hoped for the best. too many variables to have a solid idea and i was just really too busy this off-season to have been able to pay close attention. however, i am definately liking what i am seeing.   

We will know more next Sunday  Packers O line is struggling so the Bills should be able to generate some pressure and Rodgers knee isnt a 100% so he should be limited to just moving the pocket.  Defense as a whole just looked much more aggressive  The short completions were tackled almost immediately till very late when it got a bit sloppy on the final drive.  Cousins crumpled under the heat  You know Rodgers will gut it out for 4 quarters

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Foxx said:

i honestly had no idea where we would be this season, John. i just hoped for the best. too many variables to have a solid idea and i was just really too busy this off-season to have been able to pay close attention. however, i am definately liking what i am seeing.   

Well 2 monkey's off our back today

- Our first win

- Nobody can say we didnt beat any quality opponents......the Vikings are good...and they were playing at home

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Well 2 monkey's off our back today

- Our first win

- Nobody can say we didnt beat any quality opponents......the Vikings are good...and they were playing at home

i like the fact that under McD, we seem to be road warriors.

:)

4 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

We will know more next Sunday  Packers O line is struggling so the Bills should be able to generate some pressure and Rodgers knee isnt a 100% so he should be limited to just moving the pocket.  Defense as a whole just looked much more aggressive  The short completions were tackled almost immediately till very late when it got a bit sloppy on the final drive.  Cousins crumpled under the heat  You know Rodgers will gut it out for 4 quarters

be interesting to see what the line comes out as. the Pack lost today didn't they?

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Ever since Vonte retired at halftime the D has been AWESOME!!! 

it's almost like we went to the doctors and got relief for the STD.

:lol:

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1