My guess at TD's OL Plan

Some of the FA's that we could not sign may have been in the plans but those plans are constantly evolving. If TD's past is any indication to his future then he probably has several solutions to the OL problem. So lets not hit the panic button yet as we still have many options across the offensive line.

Here are a just a few thoughts on what we might do heading into the 2005 season.

1. Package our #2 + Henry to creep up to the top of round #2 or the bottom of round #1. At this point I don't see Henry getting us a #2 or #3, however if we package him and a pick we will be in position to draft a NFL ready G/C. Like many I like Baas and feel that he will still be around in these draft slots.

2. Just because the LJ Shelton trade is considered dead in the media does not mean it won't happen. Remember the Bledsoe trade? It was on and off about 20 times before it actually went threw. The demands of both party’s (Henry/Arizona) will subside as the season approaches making a late trade a much larger possibility.

3. Teague can play T if need be. While he wouldn't be my first choice at Tackle he could fill in for a couple years and do a decent job.

4. Cap causality’s and remaining FA's. If we need one more player to complete this line then we should have some option with this route.

I'm guessing one of options one and two will occur, and options three and four will also occur. So my 2005 offensive line would look like this for options one and two.

Option 1

LT- Teague

LG-FA

C- Baas/R

RG- Villarrial

RT Williams

Option 2

LT-Shelton

LG-FA

C-Teague

RG-Villarrial

RT- Williams

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8310931

I'm rooting for option #2 . With all the owners,GM's and Coaches in Hawaii, some face to face meetings will be taking place. This is where TD can talk to the Cardinals directly about aquiring Shelton and possibly dealing Henry to any team that will listen. The Free Agent hysteria of overpaying is basically concluded . A few bargains like Bennie Anderson are available but only one LT with starting experience remains.

Bills really need to solidify this OL on the left side. The draft could give us a starter in Round 2 but I'd like to think TD has a couple more cards up his sleeve.