Is David Baas worthy of our first pick

RVJ

Or can he be had in the third .

Strengths:*

Has a lot of experience and comes from a program known for producing good pro linemen...

Quick...Very competitive and can be downright nasty at times...Strong...Very smart and aware on the field of play...

Tireless worker who always gives 100%...Displays great technique.

*Weaknesses:* Needs to continue getting bigger and adding bulk with his size being the biggest question mark...

Has only marginal pure athletic ability...Struggles when asked to get downfield.

*Notes:* The best offensive lineman the Wolverines have produced since Steve Hutchinson...

Could project to either guard or center in the pros...There isn't a lot not to like about this guy and he should be starting for someone very early on in his pro career.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerpro.../davidbaas.html

281339[/snapback]

I like Baas a lot but there are other Cs and Gs that I like just as much that can be had in the 3rd if a guy like FSU CB Bryany McFadden is there at our first pick.

Count me in on the David Baas bandwagon - he'd be the perfect fit for this team.  I wouldn't mind trading up higher into Round 2 to grab him, for the right price.

281367[/snapback]

Ben Wilkinson of LSU is going to be just as good and can be had with a 3rd rounder. I don't think I can justify trading up to grab Baas when in reality we just need an interior OL not specifically a C (Although it would be nice).

Bass would be a nice pick but the draft has a few OT's of quality and is very deep at Guard and Center. The Bills should come away with a quality OL ( or 2 ) in day 1 of the draft.

281618[/snapback]

Agreed. I really hope we don't reach for a tackle (not a very deep pool of talent there; most of the good ones will be gone by our 2nd round pick) when there's some really good interior OL on the board. I still think we can get a decent tackle in free agency, maybe after the June 1st cap cuts.

Ben Wilkinson of LSU is going to be just as good and can be had with a 3rd rounder. I don't think I can justify trading up to grab Baas when in reality we just need an interior OL not specifically a C (Although it would be nice).

Wilkerson may do the best of the 3 guys mentioned, but there was an injury concern, as he was out for a bit of the 2003 season, I think. Spencer would be a great pick, and Wilkerson would not surprise me if he had the doctors' OK.