I've been in the hospital all week...

I went into the hospital on Sunday morning for abdominal pain and diarrhea. On Thursday, I had surgery because my doctor thought I had a partial blockage in my small intestine.

It turns out I probably have Krohn's disease (sp?). This means I have chronic inflammation of part of my small intestine. There is no known cause and no known cure. No one else in my family has it.

I am still in the hospital (Fairview Hospital in Cleveland). My wife, the lovely and talented Kimberly, brought me my laptop, so I'm at least able to work a little. Since Kim's a nurse, she's also able to help out. I would rather have her clean me up than some of the orderlies. :w00t:

I will probably not be getting out until at least Monday. I am improving, but am still hooked up to a catheter, epidural, and IV.

I would ask for your prayers...this is nothing life-threatening, but it seems that I need to make a lifestyle change.

Mike

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went into the hospital on Sunday morning for abdominal pain and diarrhea.  On Thursday, I had surgery because my doctor thought I had a partial blockage in my small intestine.

It turns out I probably have Krohn's disease (sp?).  This means I have chronic inflammation of part of my small intestine.  There is no known cause and no known cure.  No one else in my family has it.

I am still in the hospital (Fairview Hospital in Cleveland).  My wife, the lovely and talented Kimberly, brought me my laptop, so I'm at least able to work a little.  Since Kim's a nurse, she's also able to help out.  I would rather have her clean me up than some of the orderlies.  :w00t:

I will probably not be getting out until at least Monday.  I am improving, but am still hooked up to a catheter, epidural, and IV.

I would ask for your prayers...this is nothing life-threatening, but it seems that I need to make a lifestyle change.

Mike

280760[/snapback]

All the best to you and your family.

Heres to a speedy recovery mike...reads Ed's girlfriend thread for 2 reasons...

it'll pass a few hours, and you'll have a smile and be laughing in no time...500 replies to this point, and prolly over 100 of them have something to do with Ed's nuts (or lack thereof)...

Heres to a speedy recovery mike...reads Ed's girlfriend thread for 2 reasons...

it'll pass a few hours, and you'll have a smile and be laughing in no time...500 replies to this point, and prolly over 100 of them have something to do with Ed's nuts (or lack thereof)...

280802[/snapback]

I saw it but haven't read it yet.

Is this why we think Ed's such a horrible human being?

:w00t::w00t:

Mike

My ex's sister had Khron's, as did a girl i used to date down here.

It sucks, but you'll be just fine... thank god its nothing worse, and in no time, you'll be used to the little inconviences. Sorry to hear about it, but glad to know it's nothing life threatening.

Hope you get to go home quick! Have a good one, Mike

Steve

Good luck Mike, here's hoping you get better. If it's any consolation, at least you have a solid diagnosis so you know what you're dealing with.

Me on the other hand, I've been off & on painkillers & crutches for the last 4 weeks. Been diagnosed with gout, tendonitis and a pinched nerve in my feet. My docs have no clue.

Best of luck for a complete recovery.

Here's a tip - stay away from Nicks' Garbage Plate Specials for awhile. :w00t:

I had a total shoulder joint replacement done just before Christmas.

Take your recovery for what it is - overcoming artificial obstacles and getting used to your limitations. Good luck!