Try to be aware of registered sex offenders

Damn.....that sh*t infuriates me like nothing else. If I ever saw one of them giving the SLIGHTEST hint of being inappropriate around a child, I'd probably do something that got me arrested. Sick bastards.

It's amazing how many 18 year olds are put on that list for having sex with their 17 year old girlfriend.  Talk about having your highschool sweetheart ruin your life.

280752[/snapback]

Age of consent in GA is 16......it never ceases to amaze me how many times I hear about 16 year old girls with guys twice their age down here......

Age of consent in GA is 16......it never ceases to amaze me how many times I hear about 16 year old girls with guys twice their age down here......

Lots of guys going by the if there's grass on the field, play ball rule I guess. I don't understand how parents can let a 16 year old daughter date a guy who's in his 20's.

280753[/snapback]

Many of the girls around here purposely look for guys 23, 24, 25. It's not always the guy looking for the 16 year old. I've noticed that a lot of the teens down here are *incredibly* mature in some ways. That's not a good thing, many of them are growing up too early.

-Jeff

What a terrible story that is repeated way too often. Try to be aware of registered sex offenders in your neighborhood. Someday you may help save a childs live by just being aware.  :w00t:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-0...ford-case_x.htm

280720[/snapback]

I'm glad NYS has a registry. We get notified if someone on the registry moves into the neighborhood. We received one once. Then we received another notice when he moved out. JFTR, he was having consensual sex with a 15 YO when he was 18 or 19. They listed him as a low-level risk.

Horrible what happened. There's not a punishment that's appropriately painful for this guy.

Methinks Rhode Island needs to get tougher;

Registration Information Access Type 

Community notification? Yes

Online searchable sexual offender database? No

Online browseable directory of sex offenders?  No

Online maps of sex offender residence locations?  No

Offender information available by visit to law enforcement agency?  No

Offender information available by phone?  No

Offender information available by written request or other?  No

God forbid the community know if there are a bunch of diddlers running around their town

I'm glad NYS has a registry.  We get notified if someone on the registry moves into the neighborhood.  We received one once.  Then we received another notice when he moved out.  JFTR, he was having consensual sex with a 15 YO when he was 18 or 19.  They listed him as a low-level risk.

Horrible what happened.  There's not a punishment that's appropriately painful for this guy.

280840[/snapback]

Being a teacher, I check the NYS registry periodically. I want to be informed who these people are, I have way too many little lives around me to not know who they are.

Did anyone watch the Father's statement? I was sobbing.  :lol:

Yes......

And every time I see her picture with that beautiful smile, my heart goes out to her & her family. :D