At the game and have a few questions for those who watched on TV

Virgil

1 - What happened to Allen when he went into the Ravens sideline?  Some of our guys got pretty fired up after that but couldn't tell why?

2 - Did the first FG attempt get tipped?

3 - What did Dawkins do to earn the Unsportsmanlike penalty?

4 -  How was McDermott's clapping game?

Just now, Virgil said:

1 - What happened to Allen when he went into the Ravens sideline?  Some of our guys got pretty fired up after that but couldn't tell why?

Can’t answer 1 and 2 as I don’t recall.

But 3. Dawkins shoved a corner down. Although the guy on Baltimore dove pretty bad 

4. Clapping game annoyed me more than ever today 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

1) Allen got a little shove going out of bounds - very little, in fact.  But went into a Ravens player on the sideline, which was a more significant collision.  Words were exchanged - Allen didn't look pissed, Ravens player was facing away from the camera.  It really wasn't much of anything on its own.

3) Dawkins was getting pushed in the face by some Ravens player after the play.  By the time of the third push, Dawkins had had enough and shoved him.  Not as big a shove as the Ravens player's dive made it out to be, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A question for you as you were at the game..

Was the stadium as empty/lifeless as it seemed on tv? Get that the weather was a factor, but still. Also, it seemed that the loudest cheer of the game was from the bills fans when they recovered the fumble early on. 

I thought Judon's shoulder to the chest of Allen was one of the dirtiest, least sportsmanlike plays I have seen in the NFL in a long time. It wasn't an insignificant hit, Allen went down pretty hard and was angry. Most players on the sideline would have bear hugged him to stop his momentum but Judon gives him a shoulder. If that wasn't enough Judon hits Allen late in the head on the field a few plays later and gets an unsportsmanlike penalty. What bugged me more than the dirty play? The Bills players wimpy reaction, nobody backed up Allen or went after Judon. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

I thought Judon's shoulder to the chest of Allen was one of the dirtiest, least sportsmanlike plays I have seen in the NFL in a long time. It wasn't an insignificant hit, Allen went down pretty hard and was angry. Most players on the sideline would have bear hugged him to stop his momentum but Judon gives him a shoulder. If that wasn't enough Judon hits Allen late in the head on the field a few plays later and gets an unsportsmanlike penalty. What bugged me more than the dirty play? The Bills players wimpy reaction, nobody backed up Allen or went after Judon. 

repeat the mantra.  "trust the process"

This will remove all anger. 

30 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

1) Allen got a little shove going out of bounds - very little, in fact.  But went into a Ravens player on the sideline, which was a more significant collision.  Words were exchanged - Allen didn't look pissed, Ravens player was facing away from the camera.  It really wasn't much of anything on its own.

3) Dawkins was getting pushed in the face by some Ravens player after the play.  By the time of the third push, Dawkins had had enough and shoved him.  Not as big a shove as the Ravens player's dive made it out to be, though.

Chalk that up to experience for Dawkins.  When things get chippy, it's the player who retaliates who always gets caught, unless it's Jerry Hughes LOL.

19 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

A question for you as you were at the game..

Was the stadium as empty/lifeless as it seemed on tv? Get that the weather was a factor, but still. Also, it seemed that the loudest cheer of the game was from the bills fans when they recovered the fumble early on. 

Bills fans represented well. Once it was a 3 score game, many people retreated into the hallways or left.  By the second half, it looked like a preseason crowd 

45 minutes ago, Virgil said:

#1 Allen got a little shove out of bounds well after he threw the ball, into Ravens #99 Judon who was standing on the sidelines, and somehow they both went to the ground.  At first the announcers thought #99 had thrown him down but on replay it looked more like Allen went into him and, if taken down took #99 with him.  Then there was some jawing.  

9 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This is all complete speculation. But regarding the judon plays, expect more of this.

They drafted a guy with racist tweets. If you don't think guys are going to remember that in a predominantly black league, I think you're mistaken.

That seems like a stretch to me.  Guys are competitors and it’s pretty standard to try to be as physical as you can get away with, like “I’m right here on you guy”

As for Judon Allen clearly ran into him, Judon didn’t get out of the way but c’mon no NFL sideline rolls out the carpet for the opposing QB running out of bounds

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

#1 Allen got a little shove out of bounds well after he threw the ball, into Ravens #99 Judon who was standing on the sidelines, and somehow they both went to the ground.  At first the announcers thought #99 had thrown him down but on replay it looked more like Allen went into him and, if taken down took #99 with him.  Then there was some jawing.  

That seems like a stretch to me.  Guys are competitors and it’s pretty standard to try to be as physical as you can get away with, like “I’m right here on you guy”

As for Judon Allen clearly ran into him, Judon didn’t get out of the way but c’mon no NFL sideline rolls out the carpet for the opposing QB running out of bounds

I agree judon didn't move for him and they usually do. What other reason would he have to act like that on the sideline? Allen is not a popular guy in the league and it isn't because he went to Wyoming in my opinion. Wentz had a similar background and I don't recall him being treated that way.

26 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I agree with everything you said.  They didn’t show McD but he should’ve been yelling for a penalty, which it should’ve been.  Even the announcers said “Nothing for that?”