Giant GM Supposedly Posts on BBI Board

Tom

Maybe I'm TD? or Rudy or Malta????

I had dinner with Ernie Accorsi

I had dinner with Ernie Accorsi : Lowell.. : 3/17/05 1:23 PM

I had dinner with my pal Ernie Accorsi the other night. He mentioned he's a big fan of BBI and he's been lurking ever since Pat Hanlon mentioned how great it was over here. He says BBI makes his job so much easier since he can find out anything and everything that's going on in the NFL; BBI is an “ veritable information and think tank” is the way he put it. Ernie says he appreciates the passion all the people here display and he wishes some of them would show up in the stands on Sunday instead of the hand clapping zombies who leave in the third quarter in order to beat the traffic.

Anyway, he said he wanted to give everyone here as much information as possible in the off-season out of respect for their enthusiasm and loyalty. Obviously, he couldn't post using his own name for a handle nor could he use one of his handles of choice: "Bert Jones"or "John Unitas", since everyone would connect the dots without too much trouble.

Finally he said he took the handle of “Glove” since he gets such a kick out of the fact that most everyone here calls him “The Rug”. Sort of ironic, he said. And just to put things in perspective, he called himself “Glove1” since he is, after all, number one on these matters. Also, to keep the hounds away from the scent, he used another handle, “JT” for “Just Teasing”.

In this way he felt he could uplift the BBI spirits whenever off-season ennui set in or their spirits became melancholy. He was happy to see how thrilled people were whenever he posted info on some deals he was considering. Sometimes, he confessed, he even went so far as to say the deals were “fait accompli” just to make the fires of devotion rise even higher. Now, truth be told, he said, he could never ever offer the real skinny because he'd blown a number of draft choices he liked by telling the media in advance which way he was leaning. So he provided just enough to keep the teabag in the water, so to speak. He said it was basically the same info Pat Hanlon gave out to Glazer, Best, Vacchiano and the others; no truer, no falser.

He really was delighted when he saw how euphoric and ecstatic his posts made people. Hearing things like, “You've made my day” from so many people “made his day” in return, he said. However, he became dismayed whenever one of his deals fell apart and people here began to lower the lifeboats. Hey, he said, tell 'em it was just for fun and certainly not intended to cause civil strife or feuds between other Giants message boards. He said he would continue to lurk and post, but he'd be adding new handles and that he'll have no problem being called “an ignorant, moronic newbie” at that time. “If only they knew whom they were talking to”, he chuckled.

I almost forgot: He mentioned how much he misses Matt in Syracuse. He said that two years ago, when he was undecided about drafting Osi, he only became convinced when Matt proclaimed that Osi was “the next Bruce Smith.” That was all he needed to hear, he said.

Well that's what happened at dinner and btw, EA picked up the check.

More

TD=JP-era.... :w00t:

280406[/snapback]

It would make sense... I mean, JP-Era sees a player, sounds a player out on the board and Bills fans here weigh in. It's an easy way for the Gray-Haired One to run a potential signing up the flag pole and see if anyone salutes it.

Since everyone has been crapping on JP-Era (TD)'s ideas we haven't signed anyone. The Stadium Wall, you only have yourself to blame for this boring off-season. TD is just doing what he thinks you want.

XOXXOXOXXO

JB

I was really hoping I could keep the charade going longer but you got me. Well, I guess I should take advantage of this moment to say a few things:

(ahem)

GET OFF MY FRICKEN BACK YOU LUNATICS!!!!

thank you.

280351[/snapback]

That's pretty damn funny, too. Not as funny as keggy...but damn funny, nonetheless.

Maybe I'm TD?  or Rudy or Malta????

I had dinner with Ernie Accorsi

I had dinner with Ernie Accorsi : Lowell.. : 3/17/05 1:23 PM

I had dinner with my pal Ernie Accorsi the other night. He mentioned he's a big fan of BBI and he's been lurking ever since Pat Hanlon mentioned how great it was over here. He says BBI makes his job so much easier since he can find out anything and everything that's going on in the NFL; BBI is an “ veritable information and think tank” is the way he put it. Ernie says he appreciates the passion all the people here display and he wishes some of them would show up in the stands on Sunday instead of the hand clapping zombies who leave in the third quarter in order to beat the traffic.

More

280325[/snapback]

BBI Board

No Wonder the Jints are in such trouble!

I was really hoping I could keep the charade going longer but you got me. Well, I guess I should take advantage of this moment to say a few things:

(ahem)

GET OFF MY FRICKEN BACK YOU LUNATICS!!!!

thank you.

280351[/snapback]

no, actually my roommate Puhonix is just masquerading as a dolphins fan...hes really TD...(hey, it makes my rent a hell of a lot cheaper)... :w00t: