What’s on the menu for the 1st NFL Sunday?

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

See I love sausage and mash.... but sausage with Yorkshire's is more toad in the hole territory.

Two years ago I got to go to an English pub with some coworkers, and had my first encounter with bangers and mash...instantly fell in love...quite possibly because I love peas and mushrooms so much...that's the same thing as sausage and mash yes?  I haven't ordered anything different,  as I'm a big proponent of "if it ain't broke don't fix it"..

1 minute ago, smuvtalker said:

Two years ago I got to go to an English pub with some coworkers, and had my first encounter with bangers and mash...instantly fell in love...quite possibly because I love peas and mushrooms so much...that's the same thing as sausage and mash yes?  I haven't ordered anything different,  as I'm a big proponent of "if it ain't broke don't fix it"..

It is. Pretty much always served with peas and onion gravy. Mushrooms are a semi-regular accompaniment.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Aunte Bessie? Or you got a shop that makes them?

A shop. I live in hipster central, north-east London. There is a deli every third building.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is. Pretty much always served with peas and onion gravy. Mushrooms are a semi-regular accompaniment.

A shop. I live in hipster central, north-east London. There is a deli every third building.

Love me some British pub food. Can’t wait for the Bills to head back over to London. That trip was ‘smashing’!

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There used to be a pizza shop about 20 minutes from my house that was owned by a couple of older people from Yorkshire.

Their pizza was crap. That being said, their English food (including but not limited to fish and chips, steak pies, bangers and ulster champ) was incredible. That old woman was an artist. Sadly, they closed.

15 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

What are the other options? 

Bangers and mash are pretty awesome though.

5 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I'd have to dig up a menu, if I can find one. They had maybe 20 options.

The desserts were amazing, though. Sticky toffee pudding, berries and hot custard. YES.

Edited by joesixpack
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

There used to be a pizza shop about 20 minutes from my house that was owned by a couple of older people from Yorkshire.

Their pizza was crap. That being said, their English food (including but not limited to fish and chips, steak pies, bangers and ulster champ) was incredible. That old woman was an artist. Sadly, they closed.

I'd say the only weakness people from Yorkshire have is their pizza making ability.

They're are **** hot at everything else. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. They'll be wrong. 

1 minute ago, BritBill said:

I'd say the only weakness people from Yorkshire have is their pizza making ability.

They're are **** hot at everything else. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. They'll be wrong. 

Hehe...the place was BYO. I'd roll in with a few bottles of Sam Smith of one variety or other and the old man would get upset.

"Wha'r ye drinkin' tha swill fer?"

Edited by joesixpack

4 minutes ago, BritBill said:

To be honest the only thing I've ever ordered there besides bangers and mash was a burger....and it paled in comparison.   Kind of like going to a 5 star steakhouse....and ordering the chicken ?

1 minute ago, smuvtalker said:

To be honest the only thing I've ever ordered there besides bangers and mash was a burger....and it paled in comparison.   Kind of like going to a 5 star steakhouse....and ordering the chicken ?

Steak pie. Let me tell you, man....that stuff was legit. I could eat about a dozen of them if pressed.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

They suck at humility.

Britfight!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Hehe...the place was BYO. I'd roll in with a few bottles of Sam Smith of one variety or other and the old man would get upset.

"Wha'r ye drinkin' tha swill fer?"

My local pub growing up was a Sam Smith. The brewery is only 12 miles away so it was cheap. And strong. Many a cheap good night to be had on Smith's lager. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

They suck at humility.

Absolute poppycock.

• Haha (+1) 1