Get off my lawn (or boat)

\GoBillsInDallas/

Nothing wrong with having a cruise specifically for people who do not want kids running around.   If you want to go on a cruise with kids, there are a hundred other ships happy to take your money.   

But i'm sure people will get their panties in a twist over it. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Starting meadasail next year if you can wait.   Send in your $1,000 deposit by Christmas. ?

Hate to break it to you but, not sure you'll get the masts of the MeadFleet under the bridges on the Danube.  And don't even think about setting up shop on the Great Lakes and Inland Waterways.  Vertical controlling height is only 19.1 feet here.

Stick to the open oceans.

??

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hate to break it to you but, not sure you'll get the masts of the MeadFleet under the bridges on the Danube.  And don't even think about setting up shop on the Great Lakes and Inland Waterways.  Vertical controlling height is only 19.1 feet here.

Stick to the open oceans.

??

We are going to have small ships with paddles to do inland waterways ???

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

how much do they charge to join the orge? 

It's included, which is why they don't want kids.  If this activity appeals to you knowing what a good portion of the clientele that might partake looks like.

I've never been on a river cruise, but by seeing Viking's commercials, I doubt I would be interested in one.  Looks boring.

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

There are probably locks those river cruises go through.  A Euro version of Me there.  Was that enough to scare you off?

?

Not as long as we can still fish for Asian carp off the Lido deck.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been on two carnival cruises without my own kids and thoroughly enjoyed them. Bahamas and Mexico.

I wouldn't bring my kids on a cruise until they're adults, I think. 

Next cruise I want to do Alaska or Mediterranean. Tough choice, I know....

It depends on timing

Edited by LeGOATski

I think our young people, our future generations of leaders,  probably get too much history, art, culture and exploration already.  Or, more than they want, anyway..... 

On 9/4/2018 at 12:06 PM, KD in CA said:

A smaller boat / no kids combo is about the only way I'd go on a cruise.  The PBS commercials always make those Viking Cruises look great!  

We’ve been on a few of the larger cruise ships, twice with our younger children. I’d do it again, but am really looking forward to a trip next year around Spain and Portugal on a ship that only holds about 300. Our now retired priest has been organizing these trips for decades for parishioners, and says this is the best cruise he’s ever been on so he’s breaking his tradition of just doing new things. He’s in another part of the world every month, which piqued my sons interest...sounds good right?  Fr Henry responded “hey, it comes with some sacrifices”. 

Edited by Augie

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:08 PM, mead107 said:

We are going to have small ships with paddles to do inland waterways ???

Here's a pic of the interior of a MeadShip

Meadship.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

how much do they charge to join the orge? 

That depends on the cruise you pick

https://www.theswingercruise.com/

• Like (+1) 1