Davis Webb?

ngbills

Beane and company have lost my confidence to some degree. Possibly Peterman will develop into a adequate quarterback. I understand that winning keeps coaches and GM positions secure. While Peterman may translate into more wins short term (and buy time for coaches and management) I .believe Allen is our franchise Qb or he isn't and let's answer that question as soon as possible. Wins and losses with the team we have now? Only matter to coaches and GM's. We're not a playoff team with Peterman or Allen but a few more wins with Peterman may secure a few jobs.

4 minutes ago, Radar said:

Beane and company have lost my confidence to some degree. Possibly Peterman will develop into a adequate quarterback. I understand that winning keeps coaches and GM positions secure. While Peterman may translate into more wins short term (and buy time for coaches and management) I .believe Allen is our franchise Qb or he isn't and let's answer that question as soon as possible. Wins and losses with the team we have now? Only matter to coaches and GM's. We're not a playoff team with Peterman or Allen but a few more wins with Peterman may secure a few jobs.

I believe that the coaching staff and front office also believe that Allen is the franchise QB

18 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I believe that the coaching staff and front office also believe that Allen is the franchise QB

I certainly hope he is but if he isn't I'd want to know that as soon as possible. Let's not worry more about possibly winning a few more games and delay his development and answering whether or not he's the guy.

9 minutes ago, Radar said:

I certainly hope he is but if he isn't I'd want to know that as soon as possible. Let's not worry more about possibly winning a few more games and delay his development and answering whether or not he's the guy.

I think slow playing him is the right approach. He’s got a lot to learn still and a lot of that is mental. I wish we had a more seasoned vet to show him the ropes but I’m just going to trust the process

6 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I think slow playing him is the right approach. He’s got a lot to learn still and a lot of that is mental. I wish we had a more seasoned vet to show him the ropes but I’m just going to trust the process

No choice at this point. Just not as confident in how they are handling this.

11 hours ago, stuvian said:

the Giants dropping Webb is telling of nothing more than that he was part of the McAdoo/Reese regime. New regimes drop old regime players routinely even if they have promise. 

Why would any regime drop a good player or one with a lot of promise?