Chargers Release Cardale Jones and Sign Him to Their Practice Squad

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

I knew the Cardale experiment was over in Week 17 of the 2016 season.  Whaley ordered poor Tony Lynn to give him the start, to avoid an injury guarantee to Tyrod Taylor.

Cardale was absolutely abysmal and showed no signs that he could be a decent QB in the NFL.  After watching him play I said to myself “well, that’s why he was a 4th round draft pick.”  Thanks for another bad QB pick from Whaley

About up to your usual level of accuracy. You don't seem very adept at... you know.... remembering things. 

Whaley ordered Lynn to start EJ Manuel. Cardale only played in the 2nd half. I knew Cardale had at best a slight chance of being an NFL QB when he lost his job in college to a guy who can't throw. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

About up to your usual level of accuracy. You don't seem very adept at... you know.... remembering things. 

Whaley ordered Lynn to start EJ Manuel. Cardale only played in the 2nd half. I knew Cardale had at best a slight chance of being an NFL QB when he lost his job in college to a guy who can't throw. 

Yep.. this is true.. that was the game that finally put EJ in his coffin...

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

LOL thanks for nitpicking.  The point is still the same.  Cardale flopped when given an opportunity to shine.  I knew then that he was going to suck as an NFL QB

This guy works for Optimum Scouting.  The same company led by Eric Galko, a former teacher with a total of 1 month experience.  For real.  Take this dude’s scouting opinion with a grain of salt

One of these analytics “ numbers tell the whole story” geeks. Grain of salt for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

One of these analytics “ numbers tell the whole story” geeks. Grain of salt for sure. 

I’m not totally against those analytics guys, they are entitled to their opinions.  But I don’t think people should use their opinion as though it’s gospel - especially when it comes to scouting players.  

People think that the Eric Galko’s of the world are the most knowledgeable, when in reality his scouting experience at the NFL level is limited to a 1 month internship with The Vikings.  

But it goes back to that philosophical argument of “can you be considered an expert in football, if you’ve never worked for a professional team?”

LOL thanks for nitpicking.  The point is still the same.  Cardale flopped when given an opportunity to shine.  I knew then that he was going to suck as an NFL QB

It's okay BR. Both on Cardale and on Elway I actually agree with you even if your exact sequence of events is a bit dubious. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Chargers Release Cardale Jones and Sign Him to Their Practice Squad