Game day active roster thread

Kelly the Dog

I know we may have a couple or even several different players on the 53 by this time next week. But let's go with what we have. 

What seven do you make inactive? 

And what do you predict we may see from the 46 you envision?

One thing that doesn't make a lot of sense is the four TEs we kept. I like them all to some degree. But can't see all four being active on game day. I think Clay and Lee are locks for the 46 but only one of Croom and Thomas. I see three TEs on field at same time several times a game but you don't need four at the expense of other positions. 

I know we will likely do it but I don't see the reason to dress four RBs. I would love to see just Shady, Ivory and Murphy. But McD loves Jones for ST when he doesn't make much impact. 

Neal probably is inactive early. As is 5th CB. Two OL will likely be inactive.

I see five WR active with Foster not, but then why really have him (I expect we sign a guy this week and Foster goes to PS). Ray Ray Ray is active. Holmes is active or why keep him. And the three starters at WR obviously are. That will be interesting if Foster remains whether they want to develop him or whether they put him in there because he does what no one else does. That decision likely goes with whether Josh plays or not. 

What says you about any position?

Idk, I could see them carrying 4TE.

If the OL is going to be the weakness of weaknesses, throwing extra TE's in there to block will probably be commonplace, and Thomas and Clay are likely to line up wide sometimes.

Not saying it will happen but it seems reasonable to me...

As far as WR goes I don't even want to make a shot in the dark, though I sense McCloud will get plenty of chances. 

Alot of this starts at the top (QB). Who starts I think will drive decisions as well. If Josh does start, I could see alot more of the younger guys at WR and TE so he can get chemistry with them (assuming that starting Josh is tantamount to punting this season). If Nate starts it will probably be more vets like Holmes and maybe leavimg 1 or 2 TEs inactive.

I realize that doesn't entirely answer the OP, but that's what I think.

I'm guessing Conor McDermott is going to be inactive, like last year. I'd guess also that one or two receivers are inactive, like Foster or Ray-Ray. 

Defensively, I doubt we suit up 6 linebackers, so Stanford or Lacy (or both) might be inactive. With the way that McD likes to rotate on the line, I would bet that all the DTs and DEs are active. 

i would think one rb, one lb, one db, two ol, one wr, and one te. which ones specifically could maybe come down to match ups. just a very vague stab in the dark here. but that is, positionally, the way i see it. 

the te position intrigues me the most right now. mostly because of thomas and croom, each coverted form different positions (qb and wr).