RIP Skinemax

14 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Buttered your popcorn?

Hand over my heart....yes.

I had never done it before so I didn't know the proper procedure.  I was in the middle of it and didn't have a sock or paper towel.  I felt the urge and the only thing that was nearby was an empty popcorn bag.  Yep....I buttered the inside bag pretty well.

13 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

First time what?

Badgered the witness?  Choked the cyclops?  Applied the hand brake?  Unleashed the kraken?

What are we talking about here?

Buttered the popcorn.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I had never done it before so I didn't know the proper procedure.  I was in the middle of it and didn't have a sock or paper towel.  I felt the urge and the only thing that was nearby was an empty popcorn bag.  Yep....I buttered the inside bag pretty well.

Buttered the popcorn.

?

was there an aftertaste?

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

We had something like this.  I recall working the wheel at the far right and if you got al little lucky, you could manipulate the "scramble" so that like 40% of the screen was viewable.  LOL.

The good old days.

Push_button_cable_box.jpg

This cable box brings back memories.  Peeps would take their box to cable company late Friday afternoon and claim it did not work.

The cable company would give  a new one that was fully loaded and you could get a weekend of Premium channels until Monday when they

re-loaded the accounts of the 'defective' units.

Free weekends were great

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

We had something like this.  I recall working the wheel at the far right and if you got al little lucky, you could manipulate the "scramble" so that like 40% of the screen was viewable.  LOL.

The good old days.

I had a descrambler box that was great from about 1981 to 1984. 

The scramble technique had to do with modifying the horizontal sync signal so the video would be wavy without the descrambler. 

I could get all the premium channels, including the Playboy channel. They changed the scramble technique at some point, and then my box was useless. 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Buttered the popcorn.

Note to self: If Royale offers you popcorn, do not take any. 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, Fadingpain said:

The good old days.

My grandfather built his own descrambler (he worked in the TV industry as a station engineer) and one of these is what he used for tuning in the channels. 

• Haha (+1) 1