Breaking News

Maybe she'll rise from the dead on third day? How about that for a coincidence? Imagine if this has been one big farce, and she’s faking it and is going to miraculously ‘heal’ on Easter Sunday?  I could see the Vatican doing this to boost Catholicism…

286987[/snapback]

It seemed like the date of her death and this weekend were going to converge. I wasn't saying that it meant anything, only that if it did happen that way, the columnists would have a field day, that is all.

I thought Mort Kondrake had a thoughtful article on this as it relates to his own wife's recent death: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Commentar...3_28_05_MK.html

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if our goverment will stick their noses in this as well.

289024[/snapback]

I doubt it. They seem to have learned their lesson after the last fiasco and that they will not get "political capital" by continuing to involve themselves in the case.

I doubt it. They seem to have learned their lesson after the last fiasco and that they will not get "political capital" by continuing to involve themselves in the case.

289070[/snapback]

There seems to be this assumption that the involvement of politicians here was only for partisan gain. Regardless of whether they should have done it, assuming that no one did it out of conviction is dubious. In any event, attacking the intentions of people who are involved with this case, whether they be family members, judges or politicians on either side is probably counterproductive to efforts towards a sincere debate on the topic.

289070[/snapback]

Of course it could be they were doing it not for political gain, but rather because it was the right thing to do.

There seems to be this assumption that the involvement of politicians here was only for partisan gain. Regardless of whether they should have done it, assuming that no one did it out of conviction is dubious. In any event, attacking the intentions of people who are involved with this case, whether they be family members, judges or politicians on either side is probably counterproductive to efforts towards a sincere debate on the topic.

289078[/snapback]

I never said that some did not do it because they thought it was right. The problem is that politicians have a habit of changing their opinion on things when they see overwhelming negative reactions to their actions. Even if they did it because they thought it was right, they will be more hesitant to do something like this in the future due to the potential backlash from the constituents.

I never said that some did not do it because they thought it was right. The problem is that politicians have a habit of changing their opinion on things when they see overwhelming negative reactions to their actions. Even if they did it because they thought it was right, they will be more hesitant to do something like this in the future due to the potential backlash from the constituents.

289086[/snapback]

I apologize if I put words in your mouth. I was less trying to attack what you said and more trying to bring up a point related to what you said.

I apologize if I put words in your mouth. I was less trying to attack what you said and more trying to bring up a point related to what you said.

289087[/snapback]

No need to apologize. I did not feel attacked by your post. I was just trying to clarify my position.

Man arrested in alleged Schiavo case murder plot

Much more where that came from, all over the Web, as some people believe that the answer to what they see as murder, is more murder. And then they pick up their hymnals and turn to page 213 to sing Nearer Our God To Thee.

288741[/snapback]

Extremist animals....I'm tired of that type of hypocrisy on both sides. Its the type of thinking that terrorists use to justify their actions....sad to think it comes from americans

Her "husband" and the judges who ruled in his favor will all burn in hell.

I'm glad you could clear that up for us, God. (By the by, could you see fit to give me the Powerball numbers for next Wednesday? I'll tithe 10 percent. Honest.)

Saw a picture of him when he was younger. Reminded me of Eric Roberts portrail of Dorthy Stratton's husband in Star80.

289037[/snapback]

From "due South" where they're trying to solve a crime:

Ray: That's the guy who did it!

Fraser: How do you know?

Ray: He looks like um...that actor.

Fraser: What actor?

Ray: Well you know how Barnaby Jones you can always tell the bad guy because he's played by that actor that you see a lot?

Fraser: Yes?

Ray: He looks like that actor. Trust me. They haven't been able to fool me once.

Where are these people getting the money to go jetting around to & from Fla & DC?

The Rev. Patrick Mahoney, a conservative Christian activist who has been leading demonstrations outside a Florida hospice where Schiavo lives, took his fight to Washington on Monday.

"We are here demanding answers," said Mahoney, standing in the rain across the street from the White House with about a dozen supporters behind him.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/28/schiavo/index.html

Where are these people getting the money to go jetting around to & from Fla & DC?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/28/schiavo/index.html

289365[/snapback]

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/03/28/Tampabay..._has_myri.shtml

From dollar bills in a Swiss Miss box outside a Pinellas Park hospice to $300,000 donated by an Arizona "family values" group, Americans have opened their wallets to Terri Schiavo.

These days, all but about $40,000 of Schiavo's trust fund has been spent, and Felos says he is not getting paid. Felos also has said that once Mrs. Schiavo dies, her estate will be in debt.

Not that I would know anything about this case................

Seems the circumstances have changed somewhat, or not at all b/c of where the "immediate cremation" rumor spawned from.

For all of those resigned to think the worst of Michael Schiavo, he wants an autopsy to be done so the extent of Terri's brain damage (which the CT scan from a year ago, on CBS Sunday Morning, shows is extensive) can be shown.

Reuters: Schiavo autopsy to end conspiracy talk

I guess Mr. Schiavo's official unofficial TBD accountants will have something to say as their last stand on why he's Satan incarnate and not just an ordinary man in an extra- ordinary situation. How'd you like your life scrutinized as much as his for being in the legal position of trying to respect her wishes?

As for what actually matters beyond all the hype and hoopla, it looks like Terri will be passing to her rest soon. Godspeed.

Edited by UConn James

Seems the circumstances have changed somewhat, or not at all b/c of where the "immediate cremation" rumor spawned from.

For all of those resigned to think the worst of Michael Schiavo, he wants an autopsy to be done so the extent of Terri's brain damage (which the CT scan from a year ago, on CBS Sunday Morning, shows is extensive) can be shown.

Reuters: Schiavo autopsy to end conspiracy talk

Like I said above, cremation doesn't prevent ME's from doing an autopsy. And no one can ask for an "immediate cremation" anyway. Just more propaganda. And interesting that MS wants an autopsy to show the extent of her brain damage. He's really putting himself out on a limb, and I can't believe that money is the motivating factor here, since he'll be the most hated man in America and his finances will be scrutinized for as long as he lives. Hopefully they will agree to bury her and any money gained from this be given to charity.

He wants her cremated because the parents are devout Catholics. Not sure but, wasn't cremation a mortal sin at one time? A total no-no?

It is his way of sticking it to them?

And if you don't think the Catholic church isn't manipulating the parents, I have some nice land in FLA to sell you? :blink::)

It is a shame, total shame that it is this ugly... Both sides!

Oh... On another note... Couldn't anything questionable in that autopsy be twisted into some media manipulation?

People eat that crap up!

Just imagine how people would think? They are already twisting the science, denouncing the courts and given supreme power to the lawmakers. Did you hear the one guy crying how the courts have no right to check the legislature?

??? :blink: