Breaking News

Apparently not CNN.  So much for choosing from the vast array of information and solid sources instead of "coke (Fox) or pepsi (CNN)", huh.  :lol:

282735[/snapback]

You can't hold the mainstream media cuplable if you don't even bother to watch it.

The most glaring thing I hold them responsible for is ignoring mainstream Americans views, where in poll after poll America hates what the government is doing, in favor of soundbites from the fringe...the Tom Delays, the Randell Terry's and the 15 or so zealots camped out on the parents lawn. It's become a real life take off on a reality TV show:

Survivor: Pinellas Park Florida

brought to you by Ford trucks of course.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't hold the mainstream media cuplable if you don't even bother to watch it.

The most glaring thing I hold them responsible for is ignoring mainstream Americans views, where in poll after poll America hates what the government is doing, in favor of soundbites from the fringe...the Tom Delays, the Randell Terry's and the 15 or so zealots camped out on the parents lawn. It's become a real life take off on a reality TV show:

Survivor: Pinellas Park Florida

brought to you by Ford trucks of course.

282800[/snapback]

Some people expect to be agents of change after they cloister themselves away.

Don't worry, I don't think he will reply to me since I he is probably stuck on the word cloister.

Inside joke... Just laugh!

:lol:

Some people expect to be agents of change after they cloister themselves away.

Don't worry, I don't think he will reply to me since I he is probably stuck on the word cloister.

Inside joke... Just laugh!

:lol:

282809[/snapback]

I remember the Cloister, it was a restaurant on Delaware and Virginia.

How's that for an inside joke?

Apparently not CNN.  So much for choosing from the vast array of information and solid sources instead of "coke (Fox) or pepsi (CNN)", huh.  :lol:

282735[/snapback]

Actually, his attorney said the same in a live interview on the Today show last week. He will not make one cent from his wife's passing - it's all been used to cover medical and legal expenses.

Perhaps they really did have a conversation similar to one my wife and I had several years ago. Perhaps the man is truly trying to honor his wife's wishes. No person on this board can say with an iota of certainty that he didn't.

There's no money for him to gain, and he could always get a divorce if it was all about the other woman. Perhaps, just perhaps, he's a principled man who is avoiding the easy way out to fulfill a promise made...

... Perhaps, just perhaps, he's a principled man who is avoiding the easy way out to fulfill a promise made...

282860[/snapback]

That is what I feel.

Just try and pass that off on a skeptical, over zealous, religious right.

Soundbyte... "Money grubbing liberal heathen"

That is all they hear.

Pigs would fly if you could pass it off on the evangels.

He walks with the 600K for his pain and suffering, he was already awarded that by the settlement.  Go do the research. 

The rest of the money was for her and her care.  He just didn't use it for that.

If he doesn't care about the money, then he should file for divorce and let the state get the life insurance when he dies.  Of course reality is he would never do that.

282751[/snapback]

I read the report provided by the 3rd GAL from December of 2003, and in it he states:

1.) Michael received $300K, with $750K going into a trust for Terri's care (other records I have seen concur with that number, I don't know where you come up with $600K),

2.) The 2nd GAL, when claiming that Michael may have had financial motivations for petitioning for her feeding tube removal, failed to mention that Michael had "formally offered to divest himself entirely of his financial interest in the guardianship estate." If there was reasonable expectation that a financial conflict of interest was behind Michael's petition.

Further, Michael has been offered millions by a variety of folks to walk away. I can't believe you sit here saying it's about money...

Where does it say that he has to divorce and walk away with nothing.

She is his wive and lost her a very, VERY long time ago.  His life goes on and will change.

Why should he come away with nothing after losing her?  That is what you are saying he should do?

This is America right?  Get real, nothing is noble.

282746[/snapback]

In sickness AND in health. Not or. It's an oath.

Breaking news........Federal Judge refuses to order tube re-insertion.

"Our Father...Who art in Heaven.

Hallowed be Thy name.

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done....

On earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses...

As we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation....

But, deliver us from evil.

For Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory....forever.

Amen.

Breaking news........Federal Judge refuses to order tube re-insertion.

"Our Father...Who art in Heaven.

Hallowed be Thy name.

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done....

On earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses...

As we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation....

But, deliver us from evil.

For Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory....forever.

Amen.

282943[/snapback]

Cable lady, now is not the time nor the place for that.

Most of America breathes a sigh of relief that this publicity driven charade by the far religious right has had its *excuse me* plug pulled.

Now Randall Terry can go back to trying to jump start his talk radio career and Tom DeLay can go back to dealing with his multitude of ethics violations. The zealots can put away their placards and signs and find someone else's front yard to camp out in front of.

And Bush? He can go back to sleep.

I read the report provided by the 3rd GAL from December of 2003, and in it he states:

1.) Michael received $300K, with $750K going into a trust for Terri's care (other records I have seen concur with that number, I don't know where you come up with $600K),

2.) The 2nd GAL, when claiming that Michael may have had financial motivations for petitioning for her feeding tube removal, failed to mention that Michael had "formally offered to divest himself entirely of his financial interest in the guardianship estate."  If there was reasonable expectation that a financial conflict of interest was behind Michael's petition.

Further, Michael has been offered millions by a variety of folks to walk away.  I can't believe you sit here saying it's about money...

282876[/snapback]

And I am telling you Michael is lying and the media seems to be getting varying reports. But go back to court docs in 93 and you will see they settled with the malpractice for 250K immediately for Terri's damages. Then they settled latter that year for 1.4 (there are reports that this was 1.25) for HER pain and suffering. Then his portion was settled about 2 months later where he was awarded 600K for his pain and suffering. These are in settlement/court docs and I don't have time to go look them up. But these are facts. The only issue and variance that I have seen was her pain and suffering award, whether it was 1.25 or 1.4. In addition part of those settlements was the malpractice paid for all lawyers cost over and beyond those awards. So that was free and clear money.

Where has Michael ever been offered money to walk away?

As far as what he offered to walk away from was only his 600K and it was to be given to his friend who run a "charitable org". I am sure he would never see it again. :lol:

Sorry, my morals and obligations cannot look beyond the motives to kill his wife.

And I am telling you Michael is lying and the media seems to be getting varying reports.  But go back to court docs in 93 and you will see they settled with the malpractice for 250K immediately for Terri's damages.  Then they settled latter that year for 1.4 (there are reports that this was 1.25) for HER pain and suffering.  Then his portion was settled about 2 months later where he was awarded 600K for his pain and suffering.  These are in settlement/court docs and I don't have time to go look them up.  But these are facts.  The only issue and variance that I have seen was her pain and suffering award, whether it was 1.25 or 1.4.  In addition part of those settlements was the malpractice paid for all lawyers cost over and beyond those awards.  So that was free and clear money. 

Where has Michael ever been offered money to walk away? 

As far as what he offered to walk away from was only his 600K and it was to be given to his friend who run a "charitable org".  I am sure he would never see it again.  :lol:

Sorry, my morals and obligations cannot look beyond the motives to kill his wife.

282958[/snapback]

And once again last night on Larry King and Nightline it was stated that all the money's gone.

You're going to have to back up your claims with sources or nobody's going to believe you.

And once again last night on Larry King and Nightline it was stated that all the money's gone.

You're going to have to back up your claims with sources or nobody's going to believe you.

282964[/snapback]

I have already posted links at one point during this thread. Go back and read them.

Cable lady, now is not the time nor the place for that.

282955[/snapback]

Excuse me, but......it's exactly the time and place for that. No one knows the mind of God. Perhaps it's time for Terri to go home.

God's will be done.