Aaron Rodgers Signs Record Breaking Extension with the Packers

32 minutes ago, T master said:

These contracts are getting ridiculous !! 

Why?  Do you think the owners deserve the money over the players who sacrifice their bodies and are the ones fans come to see?  In a sport the generates billions of dollars (just signed another billio dollar tv so much for the BS of the nfl being in trouble), players deserve every penny. Especially a guy who makes your team an instant SB contender every year.

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Hmmm...

Or

He is possibly the best QB over the past 13 years or so?

somewhere in between perhaps?

Fragile?

no. not that at all.

For sure he’s been a HOF great but we are talking about 2018 going forward

i guess it was just an illusion he only played 7 games last year.  Or did you take a nap all last season? Zzzzzzzzzzzz....

he’s one hit from retiring 

6 hours ago, dpberr said:

Tom Brady is better than Aaron Rodgers.  This is what they will say 20 years from now.  

Why?  Brady was smart enough to take less money or structure his money in a way to have better teams that compete for championships year in and year out. 

Rodgers will be the Dan Marino of the late 10s.  Great quarterback on an otherwise mediocre team that will struggle to get in the playoffs.

Doesn't Brady make more money of endorsements than his NFL contact at this point?  I think someone said that in the past.

Edit: just looked it up.  7m in endorsements vs 20m contract.  NVM.

Edited by The Wiz

Just now, The Wiz said:

Doesn't Brady make more money of endorsements than his NFL contact at this point?  I think someone said that in the past.

His wife is also a billionaire.  And I bet he had some shady deal with Kraft under the table,

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i guess it was just an illusion he only played 7 games last year.  Or did you take a nap all last season? Zzzzzzzzzzzz....

Every player is one hit from retiring.  Josh Allen missed a season in college with an injury.  

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Did you watch that hit btw,

I only watch the Bills honestly. But i do follow up on Monday with the rest of the league.
Thought Rodgers injury was not one that suggested frail, or injury prone.

jm2%

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

His wife is also a billionaire.  And I bet he had some shady deal with Kraft under the table,

Every player is one hit from retiring.  Josh Allen missed a season in college with an injury.  

I'm sure he's got some stock in the Patriots franchise that he's collecting on from Kraft or other investments.  I could only hope he ends up going there Kendricks route though.

Not that it would matter because like you said, his wife had got him covered.

Edited by The Wiz

Packers front office hasn't shown ability to make smart free agency signings so why take a reduced rate in the hope that they suddenly do to build a Super Bowl winner?  I have no problem with him getting as much as he can get as he's the best all round QB in the league.

Edited by Doc Brown

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Packers front office hasn't shown ability to make smart free agency signings so why take a reduced rate in the hope that they suddenly do to build a Super Bowl winner?  I have no problem with him getting as much as he can get as he's the best all round QB in the league.

New day under GM Brian Gutekunst with signings such as Jimmy Graham and Muhammad Wilkerson.

Agent's Take: Inside Aaron Rodgers' new contract and what it means for Russell Wilson

Let's take a look at Rodgers' new contract:

Signing bonus: $57.5 million ($13 million with 10 days of execution; $37 million paid concurrently with 2018 base salary during the regular season; $7.5 million on Dec. 26)
Guaranteed money: $98.2 million
Fully guaranteed at signing: $78.7 million
New money total: $134 million ($175.5 million over 7 years)
Maximum value (with performance bonuses): $138 million ($179.5 million over 7 years)
Contract length: 4-year extension
Average per year: $33.5 million

YEAR BASE SALARY WORKOUT BONUS 3RD-DAY ROSTER BONUS SIGNING BONUS PRORATION SALARY CAP NUMBER CASH FLOW
2018* $1,100,000   $7,800,000 $11,500,000 $20,900,000 $66,400,000
2019* $1,100,000 $500,000 $13,400,000 $11,500,000 $26,500,000 $81,400,000
2020** $1,100,000 $500,000 $19,500,000 $11,500,000 $32,600,000 $102,500,000
2021 $14,700,000 $500,000 $6,800,000 $11,500,000 $33,500,000 $124,500,000
2022 $25,000,000 $500,000   $11,500,000 $37,000,000 $150,000,000
2023 $25,000,000 $500,000     $25,500,000 $175,500,000

*Roster bonus 5 days after signing; guaranteed for skill & injury; salary cap guarantee
**Roster bonus guaranteed for skill and injury, salary cap on 5th day of 2019 waiver period
Note: The $500,000 2018 workout bonus already earned is part of Rodgers' 2018 salary-cap number but isn't reflected in cash flow.

22 hours ago, row_33 said:

He broke his collarbone.

It's not like he was playing with nagging injuries.

Dude is the goat.

He's also tough and works his tail off.

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Definitely does IMO.

100% does.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 8:53 PM, 3rdand12 said:

Hmmm...

Or

He is possibly the best QB over the past 13 years or so?

somewhere in between perhaps?

Fragile?

no. not that at all.

Aaron Rodgers carted off the field already...

Told you this was a stupid contract, he is fragile and takes too many risks that he is now too old to get out of...

Just now, row_33 said:

Told you this was a stupid contract, he is fragile and takes too many risks that he is now too old to get out of...

Another horrid take!  Came back in the game and torched the Bears to lead a come back down 20-0. 

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Fragile?  He’s not had an injury prone career.  He’s had two seasons with injuries.

Hes missed about the same amount of games in his career to injury as Tom Brady.

Did you see what he did after coming back to the game after being carted off?

Edited by Royale with Cheese

26 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Fragile?  He’s not had an injury prone career.  He’s had two seasons with injuries.

Hes missed about the same amount of games in his career to injury as Tom Brady.

Did you see what he did after coming back to the game after being carted off?

when you get out of high school you'll hopefully realize that the immediate present is good, but the near and long-term is 99.99% of thinking and planning and getting ready for

sadly, most people never get to realize this well into their 80s...

don't be one of them

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

when you get out of high school you'll hopefully realize that the immediate present is good, but the near and long-term is 99.99% of thinking and planning and getting ready for

sadly, most people never get to realize this well into their 80s...

don't be one of them

I have no idea what you're saying here.