V.Coach-At the request of the County

Kent14

Wait....they're absorbing the cost??????

279352[/snapback]

key words: defer and portion. Could be $1, could be $1,000,000. It's interest free, but the county still has to pay that portion at some point...

The County has just taken the first step down the slippery slope to losing the Bills.

279443[/snapback]

I don't think so! The economy of WNY has been horrid for decades, yet Ralph has remained loyal to the region, just as the region has been loyal to his team...I am not saying that Buffalo will never lose the Bills, because, when Ralph passes on, unless there is something pre-arrainged, they could go anywhere...as much as it pains me to admitt it, the city needs the money, right now, more than Ralph does...he is pragmatic enough to realize this...if your fan base is mostly out of work, they are not going to be buying lots of duckets for football games!

Great move by the Bills. We have to get this world class owner a Lombardi trophy...he could have cashed out this asset a long time ago to the highest bidder--but instead he has stuck with the area and has benefitted greatly from a loyal fan base who tend to buy tickets through thick and thin.

One question, hey Clumpy -- how does this effect the cap :huh::o

Just shows what a community oriented group Ralph and the Bills are.

279975[/snapback]

Well, beggers can't be choosers. We appreciate the deferred payment, but the Bills could buy Ralph Wilson Stadium and pay some property tax. Talk about an enduring gesture of loyality! The preseason would sellout.