Classic Shaquille O'Neal

Justice

Great analogy from Shaq to describe the guards he has raised over his career. Shaq likened himself to the "Godfather" and Penny Hardaway was Fredo (ill-prepared to inherit the kingdom), and Kobe was Sonny (greedy and volatile about wanting), while Dwayne Wade is Michael Corleone, the one who shall inherit it all.- Via the Miami Herald.

BTW. I was at the Lakers vs. Heat game last night. I finally caught a T-shirt from one of those T-shirt launchers. It was a entertaining game. Kobe was getting booed all night long. I met a couple of Laker fan chics that were pretty cool. Too bad I'm married. This girl was like Mary from "There's Something About Mary". She was a sports nut and looked good, too.

The fans shoulda laughed instead of booed. Kobe got what he wanted... he's the top dog on his team. Meanwhile, shaq is on the best team in the NBA.

I love the interview on TV after the game, Kobe said something along the lines of: "You know every game counts, we're fighting to make the playoffs, and they're" and he pauses, looking for the right words and only comes up with "contending for a championship."

That's right Kobe... I hope you're happy come playoff time.

I met a couple of Laker fan chics that were pretty cool. Too bad I'm married. This girl was like Mary from "There's Something About Mary". She was a sports nut and looked good, too.

279105[/snapback]

She was like Mary? You mean, she looked like the Joker?

Um....yeaaaaaaaaaaaah...

Not gonna go there...

:doh:

279149[/snapback]

In the basketball world, he pretty much is the Godfather. He's been the most dominant player of his era. I think the comparison he made is fairly accurate.

In the basketball world, he pretty much is the Godfather.  He's been the most dominant player of his era.  I think the comparison he made is fairly accurate.

279387[/snapback]

Indeed. Is Penny Hardaway still in the league? He's basketballs version of Rick Ankiel.

Kobe as Sonny goes beyond greed and temper as well, as Sonny couldn't keep it in his pants either. All that's missing is for Kobe to get whacked at a toll booth...

Indeed. Is Penny Hardaway still in the league? He's basketballs version of Rick Ankiel.

Kobe as Sonny goes beyond greed and temper as well, as Sonny couldn't keep it in his pants either. All that's missing is for Kobe to get whacked at a toll booth...

279419[/snapback]

Hahaha!!!

"Ah, that little farce you played with my sister. You think that can fool a Corleone?"

Just a footnote on Penny: he was 1st team All-NBA w/Shaq in Orlando. What did he do when he went to Phoenix? Nothing. Shaq made Penny's career. Playing without Shaq broke it.

Seldom do players get as much hype as Shaq did in college (rumor was that he was the only player that would've been the #1 overall pick in the NBA draft in ANY year he would've come out; he was first overall after his junior year) and actually live up to it in the pros. He did.

Just a footnote on Penny:  he was 1st team All-NBA w/Shaq in Orlando.  What did he do when he went to Phoenix?  Nothing.  Shaq made Penny's career.  Playing without Shaq broke it.

Seldom do players get as much hype as Shaq did in college (rumor was that he was the only player that would've been the #1 overall pick in the NBA draft in ANY year he would've come out; he was first overall after his junior year) and actually live up to it in the pros.  He did.

279427[/snapback]

SHAQ WON zero at LSU

SHAQ WON zero at Orlando

SHAQ WON zero before Kobe & Phil

SHAQ WON zero with Miami so far

HOW MANY IMPACT PLAYERS CAN'T BE IN THE GAME THE LAST TWO MINUTES CAUSE HE'S A LIABILITY (um......Shaq & Weber are two I can think of)

SHAQ WON zero at LSU

SHAQ WON zero at Orlando

HOW MANY IMPACT PLAYERS CAN'T BE IN THE GAME THE LAST TWO MINUTES CAUSE HE'S A LIABILITY (um......Shaq & Weber are two I can think of)

281158[/snapback]

silly post of half truths

SHAQ WON zero at LSU

SHAQ WON zero at Orlando

281158[/snapback]

Jordan won zero in the NBA without Phil.

Kobe won zero without Shaq.

Jordan won zero without Pippen.

Yeah, with that logic, everyone is lousy because you have to win championships and with different people to prove you are good.

Jordan won zero in the NBA without Phil.

Kobe won zero without Shaq.

Jordan won zero without Pippen.

Yeah, with that logic, everyone is lousy because you have to win championships and with different people to prove you are good.

281180[/snapback]

Parcells won zero without Bilichek

Evil Squint-eyed Pig-faced Satan won zero without Aikman

If Shaq stays healthy and plays the rest of his career in Miami, he will win one more title. That's pretty much a given--it may not be this year but it's looking good. If the Heat can play defense similar to when Pat coached them, they're a lock.

SHAQ WON zero at LSU

SHAQ WON zero at Orlando

281158[/snapback]

What a stupid post, must be a pissed off Lakers fan. Jesus Christ would not win a championship by himself, it just isn't going to happen. Jordan, Bird, Kareem, ect. All of those players needed players around them to help them max their game. Shaq did too. Don't be pissed because Shaq left that whiney little cheating on wife but a 4 million dollar diamond makes it all better b--- back in LA and is probably gonna win a title or two with Dwayne Wade, someone who enjoy's having a Shaq Diesel on his team to help him reach his potential.

In the basketball world, he pretty much is the Godfather.  He's been the most dominant player of his era.  I think the comparison he made is fairly accurate.

279387[/snapback]

Yeah that's right, and the Corleone family was known as the "Irish Mob."

:lol: