SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

Just now, skibum said:

This is really frustrating. It's hard to compare Peterman's performance to Allens given NP is facing the 2's and JA faced the starters. But to my eye, Peteman is getting rid of the ball quickly, which is what separates the men from the boys at NFL quarterback. Allen had opportunities to dump it off or even throw it away before getting hit; he pumped, hesitated, froze, and got sacked. I don't think he's there yet. I think you have to give it to Peterman at this point. 

Every good performance (up to this point) from Allen has been against the 2s or 3s. Only peterman has moved it against starters.

Just now, mannc said:

There is some truth to this, but Allen was too hesitant.  He’s just not ready yet, especially behind this line.

I hear you, but I'd be curious to see what close analysis shows, since the announcers were saying that the receivers were not getting separation. 

However, I would say that if anyone won the competition, it's Peterman. I don't feel overly confident about that, but good on him for his play in the snow game and this pre-season.

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

Tell me one thing he can do better than any of our other TE's, besides having knee injuries, drops and cap space. Factoring in that Croom and Khari Lee are both better blockers than Clay as well

You keep saying cap space. Cutting Clay saves us no money. Do you not understand that?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What can you expect to trade for 2 weeks before the start of the season? I wouldn’t expect any kind of fix at this point.

I think there is a chance we can pick up a few cuts who truly improve our team.

There are always good players out there this time of year who just don't fit in a given situation and get cut despite being good players.