SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

17 minutes ago, The Final Word said:

Just stating the obvious, we you read the comments on this thread.  Never have heard so much whining and crying over a half of football. McDermott was never going to start Allen the first game.  Everything coming out of obd indicates a bluff and confusion for the Ravens.  Peterman is starting week one. U heard it here first THIS IS THE FINAL WORD

No I find the overreacting hilarious for a preseason game. I'm not emotionally invested. I am a bit nervous now but I know Shady can make this offense a different animal. 

I don't know if this was a bluff lol, I think JA had the job and blew it. Plays well it's obviously his. Now it's a tossup, that Peterman is definitely stepping up for.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

How dare you criticize the McDermott/Beane regime!  After breaking the playoff drought, they deserve to be properly worshipped for at least the next 5 years.  You can't blame them for players who aren't interested in blocking or tackling in a preseason game.  Probably Allen isn't ready to start yet anyways.  Once the coaches get the OL to gel, and they start game planning, both the offense and defense will improve immensely.  You have to believe in the process!

//sarcasm off

Well, how about wait until they look bad in the regular season before nicking them?

2 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

You would be saying the same and likely laughing if the Jets had drafted him. Allen is a bust. McBeane deep-sixed their careers.

Dude you are out of your mind ? lol. He will be outstanding and this just in maybe Peterman is alright too. The bench is where they want him this year. No doubt in my mind the game plan was vanilla and a set up to make Nate the starter.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

First team o-line can't get enough push against 2nd string d line. That's disheartening.

Need to look for 2-3 starters from FA and draft next year. Like a house, take your weakest point and make it your strength. Best investment possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Final Word said:

Allen is the quarterback of the future period.  If you recall, he was number one on our draft board for months prior to the draft. He possesses all of the tangibles but requires additional work with his footwork.  Will be corrected this year.  Although Josh started today’s games which traditionally means he would be starting the first game.  Many novices would obviously jump to this conclusion and it most cases would be warranted but not in this case.  Those close to the happenings at obd though realize the rationale for McDermott decision for today’s game.  The plan was and still is not to start Allen at quarterback day 1.  I knew before the start of action today, Peterman will be our starting quarterback for the first game and THAT IS THE FINAL WORD.   PS I will try to provide the site with expert clarifications and happenings as the season progresses

Ok Don.

Is Cousins a Bill yet?

• Haha (+1) 1

It probably won't work out for Peterman long-term, but if we didn't know who Allen and Peterman were before this pre-season, every single poster would think Peterman has been the better QB during this pre-season. I take it back. Every group will have a couple of morons.

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

He looks good, but 2d team defense is not the same as 1st team defense. And, our starters are still out there.

Didn’t Peterman already get a start vs another team’s 1s?

Hes looked pretty consistent no matter what unit he’s out there with.

People are letting their desire to see Allen start get in the way of what is plain as Day: Peterman has looked like the best QBs in the pre season. I want Allen to be the guy too, but he ain’t there yet.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

How dare you criticize the McDermott/Beane regime!  After breaking the playoff drought, they deserve to be properly worshipped for at least the next 5 years.  You can't blame them for players who aren't interested in blocking or tackling in a preseason game.  Probably Allen isn't ready to start yet anyways.  Once the coaches get the OL to gel, and they start game planning, both the offense and defense will improve immensely.  You have to believe in the process!

//sarcasm off

C’mon, this team was almost devoid of talent when they showed up.  Rex was a terrible disaster and they needed to purge some turds like Dareus.