FIRST HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed. Our supporting cast is going to be horrible all year. Without McCoy this is arguably the worst offense in the NFL on paper. 

But he hasn't been decisive with the ball. He's taken his drop, and not pulled the trigger several times. At least 3 sacks have been a result of him deciding to not throw the ball.

I'm not suggesting guys are open, but good QBs know how to not take a sack. Some of those sacks he needs to throw the ball at a receivers feet. I get that there's been constant pressure, but at a couple of those sacks could have been avoided if he'd just got rid of the ball and thrown it incomplete. 

Dude - please

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed. Our supporting cast is going to be horrible all year. Without McCoy this is arguably the worst offense in the NFL on paper. 

But he hasn't been decisive with the ball. He's taken his drop, and not pulled the trigger several times. At least 3 sacks have been a result of him deciding to not throw the ball.

I'm not suggesting guys are open, but good QBs know how to not take a sack. Some of those sacks he needs to throw the ball at a receivers feet. I get that there's been constant pressure, but at a couple of those sacks could have been avoided if he'd just got rid of the ball and thrown it incomplete. 

So you’d rather have him throw it to the feet of his first read rather than try and get to his next progression? 

I dont see how anyone can fairly judge Allen after this. The same could be said for anyone we had at QB today with the kind of pressure we’ve seen given up.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Thank you (+1) 1