Being polite is not allowed in school

Just Jack

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Move thought about it because I absolutely LOVE music and have some great streaming apps and then I think “what was I thinking?  This is beautiful!!”  Also you can’t hear the mother!@#$ing bicyclists racing up behind you. Have I told you recently how much I hate bicyclists??  ???

Jesus dude paranoid much?  How often are hikers eaten by bears/mountain lions etc?   It happens but I’m not blaring Smoke in the Water just in case. ?

Black bears when they maul... They do it to kill.  Yes, black bears.  Not brown/grizzly.  Don't play dead with a black bear.  

A lot more than I thought: Still rare though...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

I am a teacher and schools are out of control today. No one is held accountable. No one has manners. Most of the students don't care about learning. Sad to see.

Been hearing that since 1973 with teachers

i think the retired teachers in 1973 were saying the same, sending the complaint back to the 1950s

14 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I doubt you'd last long as a teacher today. 

roughly 26 of 30 working relatives were teachers or VPs or Principals of high schools

as a number crunching grind i never had an interest in teaching, irrespective of them moaning and whining about it at every single get-together about 8 times a year

i respect those who keep trying to do their job well for their whole career, it does make a difference

37 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Think again.  They are out of control too.  Well @ least here.  Educational wasteland.

it's not out of control here, but in my opinion you have to pick and choose.  there are two private high schools here that i have absolutely no idea why someone would send their kids there other than convenience of location.  not to mention they cost 10 grand and up.

52 minutes ago, teef said:

it's not out of control here, but in my opinion you have to pick and choose.  there are two private high schools here that i have absolutely no idea why someone would send their kids there other than convenience of location.  not to mention they cost 10 grand and up.

Try here.  So many people.  White flight.  State (IL) messed up.  Live on border with Indiana... Teachers drive for miles to nab a better paycheck, but then get the hell out of community @ quitting time... And they make no bones about telling it to the children.  You wonder why children are disgruntled, disrespectful... They are being taught it.   No common theme, except for: "Me, Me, Me, what can you do for Me, Me, Me, and my identity as Me... The special status one!"

The "cultural war" is bad.  Kids in middle of class getting up and shouting down to the teacher that they are racist.  Then all the attention goes to them because teacher doesn't want to be falsely accused...  It's anything but "diversity" because the table is exactly flipped 180°.  The "Majority" is now the "minority" & they are getting the hell out!

...It's a huge sucking sound... And this is 11k Catholic School.  Public is "straight out of Compton-esque"... Forget about that dangerous situation!

It's the parents, teachers, culture... Catholic Church with all it's drama and warts can't even reign it in anymore! Society, culture is going to hell. Catholic schools are becoming public type... Following their lead right down the sewer.

Children see it and act accordingly to what they are processing.  I really find it sad.  The new normal is the old abnormal.  It's what they are being taught in the wasteland.  Hope it never comes to you!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois