John McCain Discontinuing Medical Treatment

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Lol. 

Ya know, there is a downside to the idea of term limits and career politicians being bad. There is a benefit to career politicians — they’re experienced. 

They should be experienced at something relevant upon their first election victory unless they are democrats.  

Edited by keepthefaith

20 hours ago, The_Dude said:

That bothered me a lot. Stood on the senate floor and said ‘we can’t do this, it’ll allow them to get out.’ And he was right. Without BAH I wouldn’t have been able to get out and go to school. But he’s still a decorated veteran. 

....and to some degree I get it. We had to rid the demons left from our failure in Nam. We had to prove when we draw a line in the sand we mean it. 

But yeah, it bothered me. Heck, I needed the BAH so bad it dictated where I went to school. 

The whole "we don't want to give them the opportunity" crap forever made me hate him. 

And, don't give me that 'nam crap. The post 9-11 GI Bill gives the poor* an incentive to join and go to war... That old !@#$ based his argument on "I was an officer and the enlisted don't need to become officers." May he forever rest in hell. Maybe, one day I'll pass his grave and hive him a recycled scotch donation. Don't even get me started on his worthlessness and incompetence while he was serving. Guy should have been fragged half a century ago.

Edited by Paulus

23 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I love the onion

23 hours ago, B-Man said:

I hope that he will rest peacefully, and I have prayers for his family.

He should be honored for his military service, few have suffered as much.

However, his time in the senate was disingenuous and not good for the country.

I was about to post the same thoughts, I agree with you 100%. 

I cannot stand his politics, but he did serve his country and deserves to be honored for it.

His time in Senate (especially recently), not so much.

6 hours ago, The_Dude said:

That’s up every man individually. See, I knew there’d be a war in my time. And I knew that I could sit at home like a lady, or go to war like a patriot. 

Btw, you say taxes as if it’s an option. That’s cute. 

You never pass up an opportunity to play the horse's ass, do you? I'm not the one who implied that taxes were optional, you dimwit.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Azalin said:

You never pass up an opportunity to play the horse's ass, do you? I'm not the one who implied that taxes were optional, you dimwit.

And im not saying ya did, so calm you breasts down. 

Edited by The_Dude

15 hours ago, Azalin said:

So I've been compliant with the law and paying my taxes all these years, and they're not required? That's certainly good news!

Honestly though, I wouldn't have thought that helping others would ever become an aspiration. I've always treated that as something you just go out and do.

You should get a purple heart for your sacrifices

9 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

And im not saying ya did, so calm you breasts down. 

Ummmm....

7 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Btw, you say taxes as if it’s an option. That’s cute. 

Reading. Comprehension.

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

You should get a purple heart for your sacrifices

Just doing my job, citizen. Just doing my job.

:beer:

12 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Ummmm....

Reading. Comprehension.

Just doing my job, citizen. Just doing my job.

:beer:

Indeed dipshit. I’m not saying you said taxes were optional. I’m aware of what I wrote. I wrote ‘taxes aren’t optional’ NOT because you said they were, but because you insinuated that’s all a citizen need do. And I agree — if the citizen is a woman. Women should stay home during wars. Men should go and fight. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, B-Man said:

I hope that he will rest peacefully, and I have prayers for his family.

He should be honored for his military service, few have suffered as much.

However, his time in the senate was disingenuous and not good for the country.

I agree with this 100%. A person who put their life on the line deserves respect for having done so. Period.

That aside, there are few politicians that I hold in a lower regard than John McCain. He was a shill for Hillary Clinton. He supported her agenda and worked hard against his president. To this day I think that he was nominated to assure that Obama would win, and I think the same of Romney, that sellout scumbag.

I do however thank McCain, Graham, Romney, Rubio, Kasich, and others for turning me off to most republicans. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

Two years is a vet short term of office IMV. All they do after getting elected is fundraising for the next election. 

Career politicians make less sense than career jurors. 

Agree. 

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I agree with this 100%. A person who put their life on the line deserves respect for having done so. Period.

That aside, there are few politicians that I hold in a lower regard than John McCain. He was a shill for Hillary Clinton. He supported her agenda and worked hard against his president. To this day I think that he was nominated to assure that Obama would win, and I think the same of Romney, that sellout scumbag.

I do however thank McCain, Graham, Romney, Rubio, Kasich, and others for turning me off to most republicans. 

They are all in the party of Washington.  Republicans and Democrats are simply separate divisions of the same party. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Indeed dipshit. I’m not saying you said taxes were optional. I’m aware of what I wrote. I wrote ‘taxes aren’t optional’ NOT because you said they were, but because you insinuated that’s all a citizen need do. And I agree — if the citizen is a woman. Women should stay home during wars. Men should go and fight. 

If I've learned anything from you it's:

a) arrogance is apparently an effective insulation against embarrassment, and...

b) your inclination to use the female gender as an insult places your personal insecurities front and center for the rest of the world to see.

In fact, this is for you:

Edited by Azalin

59 minutes ago, Azalin said:

If I've learned anything from you it's:

a) arrogance is apparently an effective insulation against embarrassment, and...

b) your inclination to use the female gender as an insult places your personal insecurities front and center for the rest of the world to see.

In fact, this is for you:

?