John McCain Discontinuing Medical Treatment

32 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

SPEARING CONTEST!!!

Seriously, though...any halfwit who lionizes McCain for being a POW is a legitimate moron.  Any schlub can get captured.  It's not difficult.  It's not heroic outside the bizarre modern American "Look at me, I'm a hero because I survived hurt feelings" interpretation of heroism.

The real mark of the man is his actions related to the Forrestal fire.

I think he acquitted himself quite well as a POW.

But the "real mark of the man" is measured by his entire Naval career, and he was not well thought of at all, and by what he did afterward, which is a matter of public record.

I hope his final days are spent in relative comfort and peace,

7 hours ago, Koko78 said:

I really dislike when these politicians are clearly and permanently incapable of doing their jobs (McCain, Ted Kennedy, Gabby Giffords, etc.), and refuse to resign from Congress. They are doing their constituents a grave disservice by not representing them for months/years on end.

As opposed to the ones who are perfectly healthy and don't seem to give a crap about their constituents?

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Even those aren’t required. 

But helping other people is maybe something we can aspire to, no?

So I've been compliant with the law and paying my taxes all these years, and they're not required? That's certainly good news!

Honestly though, I wouldn't have thought that helping others would ever become an aspiration. I've always treated that as something you just go out and do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As of my typing, Trump hasn’t said a word about him and for good reason.

McCain hates Trump to his very core and yet if Trump doesn’t come out and say anything about McCain, Trump will be painted the “VERY BAD” guy here.

Would you expect anything less?

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

As of my typing, Trump hasn’t said a word about him and for good reason.

McCain hates Trump to his very core and yet if Trump doesn’t come out and say anything about McCain, Trump will be painted the “VERY BAD” guy here.

Would you expect anything less?

At this point anyone who goes out of their way to say something in support of McCain is an opportunist looking for attention. Anyone going out of their way to say something in opposition to McCain is a troll looking for attention.  Anyone that tries to tie this to Trump is an !@#hat

Let McCain die with dignity and let his family grieve in peace

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

So I've been compliant with the law and paying my taxes all these years, and they're not required? That's certainly good news!

Honestly though, I wouldn't have thought that helping others would ever become an aspiration. I've always treated that as something you just go out and do.

Maybe you should crash a plane and spend a few years in a Vietnamese prison.  Then you could claim you really accomplished something for your country.

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

At this point anyone who goes out of their way to say something in support of McCain is an opportunist looking for attention. Anyone going out of their way to say something in opposition to McCain is a troll looking for attention.  Anyone that tries to tie this to Trump is an !@#hat

Let McCain die with dignity and let his family grieve in peace

Since when do we censor the "ass" in "asshat?"

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, The_Dude said:

John McCain is a good man. He is an American hero and a man of dignity. 

If he was a man of dignity he would resign from an important job he is no longer able to perform.  What a disgraceful end to his career.  

9 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Oh, and if you're interested, I'll be sure to let you know the next time I'm attending a Bills game.  You can come over to my tail gate, and I'm happy to tell you exactly this directly to your face.

Cheers!

Would you guys consider jousting?

• Haha (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

If he was a man of dignity he would resign from an important job he is no longer able to perform.  What a disgraceful end to his career.  

I thought he'd retire after May 30th (to avoid two Senate races this year instead of one in Arizona).  He's a fan of Kavanaugh (despite him being a Nationals season ticket holder) so I think you'll see his resignation in the next week now that it looks like the end is near.

8 hours ago, Azalin said:

Exactly what is required beyond being a lawful citizen and paying one's taxes?

That’s up every man individually. See, I knew there’d be a war in my time. And I knew that I could sit at home like a lady, or go to war like a patriot. 

Btw, you say taxes as if it’s an option. That’s cute. 

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Yeah because he’s why the legislative branch isn’t working. 

Democracy is and always has been inefficient. 

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

That’s up every man individually. See, I knew there’d be a war in my time. And I knew that I could sit at home like a lady, or go to war like a patriot. 

Btw, you say taxes as if it’s an option. That’s cute. 

Eugene Tackleberry, is that you?

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

So that excuses all behavior that contributes to the problem?   Great logic.

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

So that excuses all behavior that contributes to the problem?   Great logic.

Lol. 

Ya know, there is a downside to the idea of term limits and career politicians being bad. There is a benefit to career politicians — they’re experienced. 

Just now, The_Dude said:

Lol. 

Ya know, there is a downside to the idea of term limits and career politicians being bad. There is a benefit to career politicians — they’re experienced. 

Suggesting the vague benefits of lifetime politicians outweighs the downside is flat out ridiculous.  "Experienced" at what?  Corruption?  How to hold onto power?  How to ensure big-money private interests are getting what they paid for?

Just now, KD in CA said:

Suggesting the vague benefits of lifetime politicians outweighs the downside is flat out ridiculous.  "Experienced" at what?  Corruption?  How to hold onto power?  How to ensure big-money private interests are getting what they paid for?

Beat you to it

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I’m not arguing that. I am arguing though that there is a benefit to it. 

Personally, I support term limits.  

Edited by The_Dude