Thank God...wait ummm...

What would we do as taxpayers if we didn't have hearings on steroids and baseball...

BTW anyone know what a congressional INTERN makes? I just did a home closing for a 28 year old internhe made a little over 90K, it on his 1040 he sort of made a joke oh I have to sign this again, sort of an arrogant f###...He also is a VERY good investor he has over $4,500,000 in stocks. It's all about who you know...

Does anyone think his "side of the aisle" makes a difference?

What would we do as taxpayers if we didn't have hearings on steroids and baseball...

BTW anyone know what a congressional INTERN makes?  I just did a home closing for a 28 year old internhe made a little over 90K, it  on his 1040 he sort of made a joke oh I have to sign this again, sort of an arrogant f###...He also is a VERY good investor he has over $4,500,000 in stocks.  It's all about who you know...

Does anyone think his "side of the aisle" makes a difference?

278804[/snapback]

Yes. I brought up this topic a couple nights ago.

Fact is 'roids have been around for decades among high school and college athletes. I was offered them by the team physician when I was playing division one college ball back in the eighties. Needless to say I pulled a Nancy and just said no fearful of the fact that they make testicles shrink.

Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire and assorted others seem to have no fear in that regard.

1 - The hearings are distracting. They should give so much press to children who go to bed hungry.

2 - It won't stop as long as sports is a "business" for profit or otherwise.

I used to live near Colleyville, TX, a mostly well-to-do area. I think Canseco lived there when he was with the Rangers. Anyway, one year a bunch of cheerleaders got suspended for drinking. But more recently when a bunch of football players got blown in for taking steroids, nothing happened to them. But the whistleblower had to move to a new town to avoid being killed.

It's all about priorities...which goes to back to where I started.

Actually, there is a misconception about this thing being a "waste of time". Baseball has been granted a monopoly (antitrust exemption) by Congress, which makes it their responsibility to regulate the game. So Congress is well within their bounds to hold these hearings. But if you spent any time on them yesterday, it was easy to see they were the biggest farce ever. The Congressmen were ill prepared and spent half the time kissing the players asses. I think one even brough a McGwire rookie card for him to sign! It was a complete joke and if any indication of how things go on in Congress, its no wonder this Country is so screwed up.

Actually, there is a misconception about this thing being a "waste of time". Baseball has been granted a monopoly (antitrust exemption) by Congress, which makes it their responsibility to regulate the game. So Congress is well within their bounds to hold these hearings. But if you spent any time on them yesterday, it was easy to see they were the biggest farce ever. The Congressmen were ill prepared and spent half the time kissing the players asses. I think one even brough a McGwire rookie card for him to sign! It was a complete joke and if any indication of how things go on in Congress, its no wonder this Country is so screwed up.

278970[/snapback]

Oh that's what I was TRYING to say...But it was like they, the congressmen, just knew it was a chance to get on more TV channels.

278970[/snapback]

Very true indeed. It all comes down to baseball's unusual anti-trust exemption status that has forced congress' hand to act-no matter how lamely-over an issue that has called into question the very integrity of the game.

Take away that status then baseball has the right to handle their affairs as they see fit. Until that day the House has every right to act as ineffectual do-gooders for the cameras.

Oh that's what I was TRYING to say...But it was like they, the congressmen, just knew it was a chance to get on more TV channels.

278977[/snapback]

Not often that they get to show up on ESPN. They take any free TV time they can.