Do you podcast?

Blokestradamus

I've been looking to diversify my listening horizons recently, got bored with the same albums/playlists while working out.

I've dabbled with a few podcasts lately but most haven't really held my attention. I reach out to you, the good folks of this fine establishment, for some recommendations. I'm not really fussy about the subject matter but I'd prefer something non-sport. Preferably around 30-60 minutes long to cover my cardio sessions and my incessant heavy panting afterward.

My suggestion to you would be the Jim Jefferies podcast. I know he's a bit lefty and a bit vulgar but I like him.

31 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I've been looking to diversify my listening horizons recently, got bored with the same albums/playlists while working out.

I've dabbled with a few podcasts lately but most haven't really held my attention. I reach out to you, the good folks of this fine establishment, for some recommendations. I'm not really fussy about the subject matter but I'd prefer something non-sport. Preferably around 30-60 minutes long to cover my cardio sessions and my incessant heavy panting afterward.

My suggestion to you would be the Jim Jefferies podcast. I know he's a bit lefty and a bit vulgar but I like him.

Mine are mainly around sports...I listen religiously to Pardon My Take (PMT) and Tony Kornheiser @thisshowstinks!!!

Tony does delve into politics and entertainment and tells funny, funny stories, but the show still revolves around sports. And prolly better too if you are a DC guy..UK kinda close to DC!!

Non-sports ones I have listened to and enjoyed include the Origins by James Miller...great oral histories of shows etc.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/origins-with-james-andrew-miller/id1266445999?mt=2 

Edited by plenzmd1

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

I listen to a lot of the podcasts from the "how Stuff Works" stable of podcasts, 'Stuff You Should Know' being my favorite.  Mike Rowe has a very good 10 minute podcast that is very much in the vein of the Paul Harvey style.

Does Mike Rowe need 10 minutes to tell you how you shouldn't go to College and to go to trade school instead?

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Mine are mainly around sports...I listen religiously to Pardon My Take (PMT) and Tony Kornheiser @thisshowstinks!!!

Tony does delve into politics and entertainment and tells funny, funny stories, but the show still revolves around sports. And prolly better too if you are a DC guy..UK kinda close to DC!!

Non-sports ones I have listened to and enjoyed include the Origins by James Miller...great oral histories of shows etc.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/origins-with-james-andrew-miller/id1266445999?mt=2 

Mr. Tony's show is so much better than anything else out there, IMO.  La Cheeserie! 

37 minutes ago, bbb said:

Mr. Tony's show is so much better than anything else out there, IMO.  La Cheeserie! 

just as a heads up, LaCheeserie booze and wine prices not so bad, beer prices are awful!...and a little-known fact ...one of the only liquor stores in the District to sell airplane bottles..you know, cause dem dere Kennedy Center prices for booze are ridiculous!

34 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

just as a heads up, LaCheeserie booze and wine prices not so bad, beer prices are awful!...and a little-known fact ...one of the only liquor stores in the District to sell airplane bottles..you know, cause dem dere Kennedy Center prices for booze are ridiculous!

Haha - Good to know for when I get an invite to the Kennedy Center honors! 

I somehow am very interested in DC traffic, the Purple Line, the snowfall in the 20015.  Less fires on the Metro this year! 

• Haha (+1) 1