Best non power five conferences

Non Power 5  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best non power five conference in Division I?

• American Athletic Conference
    • Conference USA
    • Mid-American Conference
    • Mountain West Conference
    • Sun Belt
    • Missouri
    • Other

The Big 12’s history helps the reputation

And the best team is a top team almost every year, sometimes a few of them

and the only legit schedule, teams in the Big Ten can avoid the best in a given year

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

in FCS, absolutely.

Nah, pretty sure Albany, the dreg of the conference, beat UB couple tears ago no? JMU destroyed East Carolina last year, Richmond destroyed Virginia, 

We get to see JMU at NC State this year...hmm that might be a damn good game. Surprised NC State took that game.

Lots of CAA, Power 5 matchups first weekend of the year..lets see how they do!!!

23 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Nah, pretty sure Albany, the dreg of the conference, beat UB couple tears ago no? JMU destroyed East Carolina last year, Richmond destroyed Virginia, 

We get to see JMU at NC State this year...hmm that might be a damn good game. Surprised NC State took that game.

Lots of CAA, Power 5 matchups first weekend of the year..lets see how they do!!!

Yeah, "smAlbany" beating UB was an embarressment. I'm not knocking the CAA. It's the best FCS conference and probably equal to some FBS conferences. But it's not better than the AAC or C-USA.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah, "smAlbany" beating UB was an embarressment. I'm not knocking the CAA. It's the best FCS conference and probably equal to some FBS conferences. But it's not better than the AAC or C-USA.

I know, i just being argumentative...but the CAA does play some good ball!. 

Always tough to find a line on the games though...books think folks who follow FCS have to distinct an advantage in FCS vs FBS games..

Not sure if i like any of the games this year..going to Richmond UVA game, but losing Lauletta hurts the Spiders in a big way.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, plenzmd1 said:

What are your feelings on JM opener against NC State.  You think they could hang with them.  NC State should be a 7 or 8 win team this year but from what all I read with JM, they are one of the best FCS teams in the country.  Line hasn't come out yet but my guess is NC ST will be giving them at least 10 and possible more.  

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

What are your feelings on JM opener against NC State.  You think they could hang with them.  NC State should be a 7 or 8 win team this year but from what all I read with JM, they are one of the best FCS teams in the country.  Line hasn't come out yet but my guess is NC ST will be giving them at least 10 and possible more.  

I think that's a tough one..big part of it and I know it sounds silly is the weather. Hot and humid big advantage for the FBS team. If I was to play it, would be the money line on JMU to win outright unless you getting 14 or more. These games can snowball in the 4th if it's a 10-14 pt game...cause the 2's on NC State are going to WAY outclass the 2's from JMU. Always hard to find ANY lines on these games.

I have not seen any lines yet on the FBS-FCS matchups...can just tell ya I am not touching the Richmond-UVA game..and not going this year..but we are having a big party to wtach and root against "The University" ( said in the snootiest tone I can muster!)

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think that's a tough one..big part of it and I know it sounds silly is the weather. Hot and humid big advantage for the FBS team. If I was to play it, would be the money line on JMU to win outright unless you getting 14 or more. These games can snowball in the 4th if it's a 10-14 pt game...cause the 2's on NC State are going to WAY outclass the 2's from JMU. Always hard to find ANY lines on these games.

I have not seen any lines yet on the FBS-FCS matchups...can just tell ya I am not touching the Richmond-UVA game..and not going this year..but we are having a big party to wtach and root against "The University" ( said in the snootiest tone I can muster!)

Nice!  I always have a big College Football opener party Labor Day Saturday.  Have been doing it for 16 years now.   The one friend that comes over does pretty good the first weekend betting FCS/FBS matchups.  Problem is they usually don't come out with the lines until the day before the game so not much time to do research.  Noon Kickoff at State, I am sure the weather will be a scorcher.  probably stay away from that one.  Line should be right around 14.  Money line would pay quite nicely.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.