Animal Kingdom season finale

RochesterRob

I have started and stopped this show several times over the course of its run.  

IMO, it's a show that lacks a coherent theme or identity.  It's a weird hodge podge of Point Break, Ocean's 11 and Sons of Anarchy and they've made Ellen Barkin's character weirder every season.  

22 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I have started and stopped this show several times over the course of its run.  

IMO, it's a show that lacks a coherent theme or identity.  It's a weird hodge podge of Point Break, Ocean's 11 and Sons of Anarchy and they've made Ellen Barkin's character weirder every season.  

A fair assessment.  Just like a lot of its brethren shows it lacks for believability.  The Camp Pendleton arc made me not watch for a few episodes.  I had relatives that knew people who were civilian workers at the Seneca Army Depot and based on the stories I had heard it would not be possible to move around on base like the characters did nor not get caught along the perimeter fence.  They had yellow lines that civilian workers had to walk within at SAD and when even a longtime well known employee failed to do so it meant 24 hours in a dark room with bright lights in your face answering questions.  

Ellen Barkin just does not seem right for the role of a matriarch of a crime family.  Her range just seems very limited for such a role.  And lately they are pushing the GILF image which does not work for me.

I see the advertisements for The Mayans (one of the clubs from SOA) and really wonder what is left to do for California bike clubs that does not amount to shock theater.

I'm confused, I thought this was going to be a discussion on the show about Animals.

I didnt think they did season finales for the animal show. Would they have a cliff hanger showing a lion stalking an antelope and then end the season right before the lion pounces, or the camera would zoom out and you would see a bigger animal in the shadows behind ready to take out the lion? For a series finale they could always show a bunch of animals around a watering hole with the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" playing and then cut to darkness when one of the animals looks up....