Longest Bull Market In History

Tiberius

I think we are due for a correction, but I don't see the same downward spiral we saw in 2007 with the housing market crash.  Unemployment low, everybody seems to be working which fuels consumption and keeps everything going.   

Just my thoughts from what I see here in the states, the global market is not something I keep much of an eye on.   

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-22/bull-market-is-really-old-does-that-mean-it-s-at-death-s-door

Yes, there are arguments it's not, but whatever. Pretty amazing having all these nations around the world holding on an upward track at same time. How long can this last, though? 

Like you said it is all about your position in the argument.  I would tend to think that in terms of participation of the widest segment of the general population the period from 1916-1929 was the longest boom.  The down turn of 1921 was very limited in its effect for most companies.  Europe was getting back on its feet in terms of producing its own food after WWI so that created reduced demand for US agricultural products affecting that sector.  Overall inertia of the economy was not affected.   

• Like (+1) 1

My guess is there is bear around the corner for some sectors... But there is still lots of emerging markets and IPO's with upside

Uranium has no where else to go but upwards... That's one place I have been accumulating shares for the long term as it has hit its bottom

5 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Better start investing in meadcoins today.  Send me money and I will send you meadcoins. ?

When the Meadcoins arrive, I’ll put a check in the mail.

Not to YOU, of course, but I’ll pay some bill. Send your coins, I’ll prove it.