Richie Incognito Arrested in Arizona for Disorderly Conduct and Making Threats

6 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

We had a signed contract with him.  Not coming back was his choice.  

The Bills, his agent, and Richie agreed to a new contract and everything was there.  A month later Richie decides on Twitter to fire his agent and retire.  

He had football, but something went off and that is on him.  From what you hear - family, friends, teammates have all reached out, but if he doesn’t want help there is little you can do.

Since then you have had the incident at the gym, his bizarre twitter support of Shady, his weird interaction on social media about the Vikings including calling a respected head coach a liar and other nasty things - including the fact that he does not want to be a part of training camp.  Now you have the death of a father and then this outburst and arrest.

It is sad, but it was not about Buffalo - all of this is on Ritchie and if he wants to get right he will need to accept help.

Yes but when he said he wanted back they should have. Honestly they should have known something was wrong with him and got him help instead of kicking him to the curb.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Richie's in rough shape.  He needs help and he needs to change his life.

If he doesn't, we are going to hear he has died one of these days.

44 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Man, I feel for this guy. I recently lost my mom, very tragically, and have not been the same since. I have been on Richie's side his entire career and will continue to be. What gets lost in this all is that "boys will be boys" but we are all still human at some point. Dealing with the human side of ourselves is not always easy.

This isn't a case of boys being boys or Richie being a jerk as other posters have suggested

He has pretty clear mental illness of some type and it was obviously being treated/handled quite well for a while there.

I suspect it could be as simple as him not taking his medication anymore and now we see the results.

He is the type of person who needs to see a therapist weekly, take prescription meds, and work every day to keep things in check.  It all begins and ends with him though.

The lack of structure and routine in his daily life away from football has not been good to him.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Aaaaaaand we've reached peak 2018 Bills offseason.

On a serious note, though...Richie's is a very sad story. It seems pretty clear that he has mental illness that was under control for a while, but seems to have come back full force. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Sounds like bipolar,  if he is not taking meds for this it can spiral out of control as we have seen on two separate occasions.  Even leaving the Bills this season was another sign,  he still would have made very good money and based on what our line looks like now they would have kept him around. 

The guy needs to get some tough love before he hurts himself or someone else.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wow. That is legitimately scary. 

I hope something is done to help him (and protect others) but I am not sure what can be done if he doesn’t want help. I don’t even think they can prevent him from going to buy more guns, even if they are somehow able to keep the guns he currently owns (though, for all we know he could have more at home, anyway). 

Maybe/hopefully they will be able to give him some type of court mandated treatment, with these most recent charges? 

This all kind of seems like a really sad story just waiting to happen, although I pray I am completely wrong. 

There is clearly some type of mental disorder that was being controlled for awhile but for some reason has come back in a very strong way.    Whether it is going off meds or coping with losing a parent and his career at once, or a combination of both, he has gone off the rails since earlier in the year. 

We don't have to like him and he has done some dumb things, his bad choices are his own fault.   However as someone who has struggled with mild depression and anxiety for my whole life, I can begin to emphasize a little with the mental aspect of it.

For his own sake, and the safety of those around him, I hope that he can get the help he needs before we have another case similar to Justin Strzelczyk or James Hardy.  

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

There is clearly some type of mental disorder that was being controlled for awhile but for some reason has come back in a very strong way.    Whether it is going off meds or coping with losing a parent and his career at once, or a combination of both, he has gone off the rails since earlier in the year. 

We don't have to like him and he has done some dumb things, his bad choices are his own fault.   However as someone who has struggled with mild depression and anxiety for my whole life, I can begin to emphasize a little with the mental aspect of it.

For his own sake, and the safety of those around him, I hope that he can get the help he needs before we have another case similar to Justin Strzelczyk or James Hardy.  

Last time his odd behavior cropped up Jeff Darlington talked about how he needs to stay on a disciplined regimen to maintain his mental health and when he doesn't he goes to very dark places. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's been clear for a few months that Richie needs help. I never thought that I'd feel empathy toward him given his past and how I've talked about him in the past.

Losing his dad will obviously be an emotional and stressful time. It might've triggered whatever he's been suffering with. I just hope he can accept the help before it's too late.

I am sympathetic to anyone who clearly suffers from mental health issues. However, Ritchie has been well aware of his problems. He has had the money and support to seek the help he needs, and he has failed to do so. I do hope he eventually does what he needs to do; but, at this point I am more concerned for potential harm to somebody else. 

4 hours ago, wiskibreth said:

LOL  screws loose!

Gross

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Definitely not a funny situation.

Exactly

4 hours ago, wiskibreth said:

levity was not allowed?  I think Richie acting nutty is funny.

Not laughing at someone who had a mental break while trying to set up HIS FATHER'S FUNERAL. 

The guy has severe problems and absolutely NEEDS help. I feel bad for Richie, hoping the best for him.