Why Common Law Is Stupid

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/9c5794f5-f1d5-3d46-a054-3ffe0f5b02b3/ss_ex-texas-doctor-who-raped.html

I hate common law. Justice is not blind with common law. I can't fathom how a country that so detested noble privilege would implement common law. Huge mistake. 

There's no changing it now -- but this is exactly why I believe code law is superior. 

Probation for rape? If I were the girls father/boyfriend/husband/brother, I'd be happy though. This makes his accessibility less of an issue.

What does this have to do with common law? The article even explicitly states this is based on the statute:

The jurors recommended the sentencing, to which visiting Senior District Judge Terry L. Flenniken was required to follow by law, according to the newspaper.

As for pining for a civil law system, leave that **** for cheese eating surrender monkeys like the !@#$ing French.

Edited by Koko78

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/9c5794f5-f1d5-3d46-a054-3ffe0f5b02b3/ss_ex-texas-doctor-who-raped.html

I hate common law. Justice is not blind with common law. I can't fathom how a country that so detested noble privilege would implement common law. Huge mistake. 

There's no changing it now -- but this is exactly why I believe code law is superior. 

Probation for rape? If I were the girls father/boyfriend/husband/brother, I'd be happy though. This makes his accessibility less of an issue.

That's not common law.  That is the exact opposite of common law, in fact.

Congratulations on out-stupiding yourself, though.  

38 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That's not common law.  That is the exact opposite of common law, in fact.

Congratulations on out-stupiding yourself, though.  

Stop and think about it. Do you have any idea how difficult a task it would be for anyone to out-stupid themselves, let alone for The_Dudine?

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Stop and think about it. Do you have any idea how difficult a task it would be for anyone to out-stupid themselves, let alone for The_Dudine?

Judging by a few of the threads started over the last couple days, I'd say it apparently isn't difficult at all.

4 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I didn’t read the article. 

I read the headline ?

that said, I stand by my point. Common law is stupid. And so am I for not reading the article I posted. 

How embarrassing for you and disrespectful of us. Who do you think you are, gator?