Ok, Round 2 of the Draft has started...

Ok, let's say we are into Round 2 of the draft and Arizona is on the clock. At this stage, Arizona did not get one of the top RBs in the draft and David Baas is on the board. Would you swap Travis Henry and our 3rd round selection with Arizona at this point to get Baas? Would that be too much? Realize that we would still have our own 2nd round pick and we could possibly still get Adam Terry (the OT from Syracuse) or Ben Wilkerson (the C from LSU)...and then allow Teague to play either T or C depending on who we got.

In essence, this could (potentially) solve some o-line issues...albeit we would be starting two rookies on the line in this scenario. In this case, we could have Terry - Baas - Teague - Vill - Williams or Teague - Baas - Wilkerson - Vill - Williams. (FYI: My preference would be to add Terry and keep Teague at center, because it may be asking too much to have a rookie make line calls too.)

We also would jettison T Henry from the team and alleviate a potential problem child from next year's team.

What I don't know in the above scenario is if we would be giving up too much or too little. I don't have one of those "value" boards in front of me that assigns points to each slot in the draft. My gut tells me that we may be giving up too much...and Arizona would have to probably toss in a Day 2 pick to even things up.

Thoughts, comments, snide remarks?

I think you pick up an OG and forget the trade. If Shelton-Henry can't get done before the draft, TH stays a Bill for the year. I still think we'll get Shelton (how's conditional RD#3-->2 pick in '06 sound), keep Henry, and draft OG.