(OT) WTF is wrong with people?

Dog Survives Having Nails Driven Into Skull

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- A hound mix named Trucker has survived having two long nails driven into his skull by his owner, according to Kansas City TV station KMBC.

The nails were driven into his head with a hammer, according to KYTV in Springfield. The nails just missed the dog's brain and major nerves. Veterinarians were able to remove the nails, but Trucker will be blind in one eye and deaf.

Dr. Robin Toner, an emergency veterinarian, said it is the worst case of animal abuse that the workers have seen. One nail was allegedly driven into the dog's skull, and another was hammered into his cheekbone, KYTV reported.

"It's an amazing thing that he could forgive people for what they have done to him because he is the sweetest, friendliest loving dog. He kisses your face and wags his tail when he sees you. For him to be that forgiving, I don't (know) of any person who could be that forgiving. We could really learn something from him," said Melissa Sartin of the Castaway Animal Rescue Effort (C.A.R.E) shelter.

http://www.wral.com/family/4294938/detail.html

278594[/snapback]

Learn what? To take some nails to the dome and then lick the guy who did it!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm an awful person whenever I feel worse that things like this happen to a dog than a person. It might be the fact that the dog is pretty much defenseless... Seriously, stories like this make me wanna puke.

### Sad Story, don't read if you don't want###

There was one down here in florida recently where a guy was in the backyard with his young son and their new puppy. The puppy started chewing at a garden hose, so the dad took the hose, turned it on high, and forced it into the puppys throat. Dog died of course, after suffering. Son saw the whole thing and tried to stop his dad. A local radio morning show (the one that is supposed to be "cutting edge") started a petition to the judge in the case and the guy is still in prison.

I think I'm an awful person whenever I feel worse that things like this happen to a dog than a person. It might be the fact that the dog is pretty much defenseless...

279372[/snapback]

I don't think there's anything awful about that at all, bro. It just shows that you have a sense of 'innocence'. It is always more emotionally painful to think of an innocent suffering, especially when it's inflicted upon them by some evil fu*k. Most dogs I have been around just want to be loved, fed, and let out when they have to take a sh*t. Considering that they love us back whether we're fat, bald, old, broke, unpopular, etc., I'd say they are pretty remarkable creatures.

I can definitely vouch for 1 and 3.....dont' have much experience with border collies, but that makes sense. Poodles have that 'foo foo' image, but I tell you what.....I won't speak for the little ones, cause I actually find them quite annoying. But standards are smart, athletic, emotional, intuitive, protective, loyal, good with kids, and they dont' shed. The big ones are chick magnets, too.......I take mine in the car whenever I go on a fast food run or whatever, and I swear the girl in the window loves on him almost without fail :doh:

279348[/snapback]

I have two German Shepherds. Smart as some people.

My 8 month old son was in his wind-up swing.

It stopped swinging after a while, and he started crying.

Before I could get over there, my white German Shepard was there,

pushing the swing from behind with her nose, to get it moving again.

That's pretty friggin smart.

I have two German Shepherds. Smart as some people.

My 8 month old son was in his wind-up swing.

It stopped swinging after a while, and he started crying.

Before I could get over there, my white German Shepard was there,

pushing the swing from behind with her nose, to get it moving again.

That's pretty friggin smart.

279538[/snapback]

Damn! That is pretty friggin smart......dogs are cool like that. Sounds like you got a couple good ones. Several years ago I went to the shelter to take a look at their dogs.....I walked by this one German Shepard that was toward the back of the pen.....when it came up closer, I was shocked at how big it was......Most of the ones I've seen have been anywhere from like 50-85 lbs......this thing was easily over 100. I never knew they got to be that big. Beautiful dog.

Most of the ones I've seen have been anywhere from like 50-85 lbs......this thing was easily over 100. I never knew they got to be that big. Beautiful dog.

279547[/snapback]

I have seen them up to about 125 pounds. My Shepherd fluctuates between 95 and 100 lbs. Anything less than that, and he looks malnurished. When I first got him, he was around 85 pounds and looked very fraile.

I have seen them up to about 125 pounds. My Shepherd fluctuates between 95 and 100 lbs. Anything less than that, and he looks malnurished. When I first got him, he was around 85 pounds and looked very fraile.

279577[/snapback]

Wow, that's huge. Are the smaller ones mixed breed or something, and the pure breds are larger? The last time I saw a dog as big as that was my uncle's great dane, 'Thor'......that dog was ridiculously cool.

Most dogs I have been around just want to be loved, fed, and let out when they have to take a sh*t.

hmm I must be a dog cuz that sounds like me too...ahh the simple things in life.

as for the guy that hurt the dog..i say we call a few friends and get midevil on his a$$. start at his feet and just break everything on the way up...mafia style.

Damn!  That is pretty friggin smart......dogs are cool like that. Sounds like you got a couple good ones. Several years ago I went to the shelter to take a look at their dogs.....I walked by this one German Shepard that was toward the back of the pen.....when it came up closer, I was shocked at how big it was......Most of the ones I've seen have been anywhere from like 50-85 lbs......this thing was easily over 100. I never knew they got to be that big. Beautiful dog.

279547[/snapback]

The White one is a female and is about 90 pounds.

The boy one is black and tan, is longer, but leaner at 83.

Their buddy down the street is a male who was 125.

A beast.

There are shaggy hair ones from Germany that get even bigger.

They are great with kids and family, but I wouldn't want to be the schmuck who tries to abduct our son or break in our house. Say goodnight everybody!

Wow, that's huge. Are the smaller ones mixed breed or something, and the pure breds are larger? The last time I saw a dog as big as that was my uncle's great dane, 'Thor'......that dog was ridiculously cool.

279583[/snapback]

No. Usually the females are a little smaller and the males are a little larger. 95-100 lbs is slightly larger than normal, but not much.

Here are the breed specs (not including weight, but includes measurements): German Shepherd Dog

My Rascal

Anyone ever watch the Animal Channel on cable? They have this show a few nights a week called Animal Cops. It's amazing how many animals are severely mistreated.

279588[/snapback]

I can't watch that show. I get too pissed off.

The only thing worse would be a show that videotapes abused kids getting taken out of their homes.

The White one is a female and is about 90 pounds.

The boy one is black and tan, is longer, but leaner at 83.

Their buddy down the street is a male who was 125.

A beast.

There are shaggy hair ones from Germany that get even bigger.

They are great with kids and family, but I wouldn't want to be the schmuck who tries to abduct our son or break in our house. Say goodnight everybody!

279604[/snapback]

Dogs that are good with kids and also protective of the family are amazing to me......

No. Usually the females are a little smaller and the males are a little larger. 95-100 lbs is slightly larger than normal, but not much.

Here are the breed specs (not including weight, but includes measurements): German Shepherd Dog

My Rascal

279610[/snapback]

That's a great lookin dog! That's awesome that they get so big......I definitely prefer a big dog to a smaller one. Though my parents have a Bichon that is like a little Ewok.....personality plus.

lol, those are great pics......I don't think I've seen a white one before....she's beautiful

lol, those are great pics......I don't think I've seen a white one before....she's beautiful

279668[/snapback]

They are pretty rare. Her mom and dad were pure white as well.

She was a birthday gift from my wife. You really don't see to many of them at shelters.

THey are to rare.

The black and tan one came from an animal rescue group.

His owner had terminal cancer and was looking for a good home for him before he died.

His dog lucked out with this house let me tell you.

They are pretty rare. Her mom and dad were pure white as well.

She was a birthday gift from my wife. You really don't see to many of them at shelters.

THey are to rare.

The black and tan one came from an animal rescue group.

His owner had terminal cancer and was looking for a good home for him before he died.

His dog lucked out with this house let me tell you.

279689[/snapback]

Wow, that's really cool.....Did your wife find her through a breeder then?