Trumpist Maximus' Military Parade Postponed

Hmmmmn, Muriel Bowser/Marion Barry? Could this be just an effort to save the monogrammed towels? DC Tom, we elect you to give her the old Crocodile Dundee crotch check to ascertain her true identity. In case we're wrong about this we'll take up a donation here from all the other posters you've been calling an idiot, to make your bail.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

What combat troops, where?  How many combat troops do we have currently deployed in combat zones that the President can visit?

We are engaged in a few active war zones and have troops deployed in 150 countries.

He’s your boy man, not mine. It’s up to you to show us how much he cares about the troops.

Or did the news about his Mar-A-Lago cronies running the VA spook you off of that topic?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thurmal34 said:

We are engaged in a few active war zones and have troops deployed in 150 countries.

Well, since "combat troops" covers war zones...where are they, and how many?

****...you're too lazy, I'll just tell you.  The largest deployment of combat troops is in northern Iraq...6000 combat troops.  Which according to the Secret Service is not enough to provide security for a presidential visit.  You do understand that a presidential visit to a war zone requires security?  Of course you don't.

And he's not "my boy."  If you "respected my stuff," you'd know that, you assmudgeon.

Testicles. 

That is all. 

You may go now. 

22 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Well, since "combat troops" covers war zones...where are they, and how many?

****...you're too lazy, I'll just tell you.  The largest deployment of combat troops is in northern Iraq...6000 combat troops.  Which according to the Secret Service is not enough to provide security for a presidential visit.  You do understand that a presidential visit to a war zone requires security?  Of course you don't.

And he's not "my boy."  If you "respected my stuff," you'd know that, you assmudgeon.

What constitues “Northern Iraq?” 

When I was at FOB Summerall in 05 we damn near had that many on our FOB. 

Damn, I miss that deployment. That was an AWESOME deployment. 

I put my church shoes on and SCUFFED Haj up. 

God, I hate Haj. You die in hell, Haj!

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

Pentagon delays Trump’s military parade until at least 2019

Good.

We can have it in January 2021, for the re-election .

.........military parades are stupid. 

Dog and pony show. Is that what you want? A military of dogs and ponies?

i DESPISE drill teams. 

“You better back up Russia, otherwise we’ll spin these rifles and it’ll look really kewl!” 

#Lame

30 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Testicles. 

That is all. 

You may go now. 

What constitues “Northern Iraq?” 

When I was at FOB Summerall in 05 we damn near had that many on our FOB. 

The Kurdish zone, basically.  Iraq-Syria border.  And they're spread out as advisors, not concentrated in any one place.  

Visiting those troops isn't like swinging by the mess to say hello.  It's more like crawling in the mud with them.  And as much as I'd like to see Trump crawl in the mud (hell, I'd pay to see it), let's be real: no one's letting any president get that close to a combat zone, no matter how much a (*^*&%^$^#he is.

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

The Kurdish zone, basically.  Iraq-Syria border.  And they're spread out as advisors, not concentrated in any one place.  

Visiting those troops isn't like swinging by the mess to say hello.  It's more like crawling in the mud with them.  And as much as I'd like to see Trump crawl in the mud (hell, I'd pay to see it), let's be real: no one's letting any president get that close to a combat zone, no matter how much a (*^*&%^$^#he is.

.....I remember Thanksgiving in 2003. Somebody, I’m pretty sure GW, decided to “visit the troops” at Baghdad international. That dick. They locked down the base the whole time he was there and wouldn’t let my platoon in. We were hoping to get hot chow which for us was a novelty. Nope. We missed Thanksgiving — but Bush had a good photo op!

I hated when people came to visit the troops. All that happens is the grunts are put on extra guard shifts and patrols while the POGs (whom I have no love for) get to continue with their merry making. 

That dick, Roger Clemens, came to “visit the troops” in the summer of 03. After doing a 24-hour patrol I was hoping for a shower and a nap, but noooooooo. Noooo, I had to go participate in mandatory fun because there were going to be cameras there and EVERYBODY had to have fun and smile. I was forced into a game of soccer. I lost a toe nail in that game and now my big toe on my right foot has two toe nails. And it’s alll Roger Clemens fault and I hate him. 

55 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

.....I remember Thanksgiving in 2003. Somebody, I’m pretty sure GW, decided to “visit the troops” at Baghdad international. That dick. They locked down the base the whole time he was there and wouldn’t let my platoon in. We were hoping to get hot chow which for us was a novelty. Nope. We missed Thanksgiving — but Bush had a good photo op!

I hated when people came to visit the troops. All that happens is the grunts are put on extra guard shifts and patrols while the POGs (whom I have no love for) get to continue with their merry making. 

That dick, Roger Clemens, came to “visit the troops” in the summer of 03. After doing a 24-hour patrol I was hoping for a shower and a nap, but noooooooo. Noooo, I had to go participate in mandatory fun because there were going to be cameras there and EVERYBODY had to have fun and smile. I was forced into a game of soccer. I lost a toe nail in that game and now my big toe on my right foot has two toe nails. And it’s alll Roger Clemens fault and I hate him. 

I've heard this from many who were deployed.

The worst I always heard about was the WWE events and the music shows of some dumb country act going over there.

I never understood the point of the event as it seemed more self glorification and self serving than it did provide entertainment and appreciation for the troops.

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

The worst I always heard about was the WWE events and the music shows of some dumb country act going over there.

Christmas, 2003, we were notified that WWE girls were going to be at a certain building in the green zone. I wanted to see them boobies. So I went. It was a lie. And it was a trap. 

We got packed into an auditorium and a girl DID show up. She was NOT from the WWE. She was the Sergeant Major of the Amru’s niece or something like that.....and she came to sing a couple songs and sell us copies of her C.D.. 

? was the overwhelming reaction in that auditorium. 

I did not purchase her CD and that cemented my belief that there isn’t a more useless position than Sergeant Major. 

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Christmas, 2003, we were notified that WWE girls were going to be at a certain building in the green zone. I wanted to see them boobies. So I went. It was a lie. And it was a trap. 

We got packed into an auditorium and a girl DID show up. She was NOT from the WWE. She was the Sergeant Major of the Amru’s niece or something like that.....and she came to sing a couple songs and sell us copies of her C.D.. 

? was the overwhelming reaction in that auditorium. 

I did not purchase her CD and that cemented my belief that there isn’t a more useless position than Sergeant Major. 

Reminds me of my girlfriends dad.  He was caught !@#$ing the generals daughter.  He falsified his records to enlist at 17.   He went to Germany, a smaller division   The general literally caught them and had him deployed to a small conflict beginning in Asia.  He was reassigned to work the job of taking KIA to the Embassy to have the remains returned to the US.  Every time, as you may know, you set foot on US soil your deployment would reset. The general knew this and he was deployed 2.5 years straight with no leave, regardless of only getting no more than 36 hours away from the actual conflict that was arising known as the Vietnam war.

His mother went to DC and spent 2 weeks begging her local reps to intervene to get him reassigned. After 2.5 yrs of deployment, 2 yrs spent taking casualties of war to the embassy he was reassigned. 

Remarkably, though, my house Chee min brothers and I did really well against them round eye. Even for a woman I was considered the most lethal force in the Vietcong army.