How To Beat Off Rabid Beaver

If you happened to listen to Taylor and Moore on 103.3 FM back in the 80s, you might recall the parody commercial for 'Splydene'.  Announcer asks woman to try the product, she does, goes out of control yelling "OH, I NEED A MAN!!  I NEED A MAN RIGHT AWAY!!"  That immediately came to mind reading the thread title.

Rabies is still deadly.  There is no cure. They only put you in a coma, increase your body temperature and hope you fight it off.  You can get the vaccine for humans for $300, though.

It's a hell of a way to die and still kills people in this country almost daily.

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Rabies is still deadly.  There is no cure. They only put you in a coma, increase your body temperature and hope you fight it off.  You can get the vaccine for humans for $300, though.

It's a hell of a way to die and still kills people in this country almost daily.

Rabies immune globulin is effective if administered prior to exhibiting symptoms.

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Rabies immune globulin is effective if administered prior to exhibiting symptoms.

Pre-existing is key

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

I guess I heard different. It was at a cattle conference. 

43 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I guess I heard different. It was at a cattle conference. 

Whoever said that may have been thinking worldwide. Rabies death is just about eliminated in North America due to animal control & vaccination but worldwide, someone dies of rabies every 9 minutes. 

https://www.cdc.gov/features/rabies/index.html