Today's Race In the Ohio 12th

Former Michigan state Rep. Rashida Tlaib won the Democratic nomination for Michigan's 13th Congressional District, paving the way for her to become the first Muslim woman elected into Congress. 

Tlaib, who ran for a House seat previously held by former Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), defeated five other candidates in the state's Democratic primary, according to The Associated Press.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/400843-michigan-set-to-elect-first-muslim-woman-to-congress

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The Democratic turnout was only 10K off their 2016 vote totals for that district. The GOP, on the other hand, cast 144K votes fewer votes than in 2016.

The dems sunk a TON of money into this race. I'm not sure they can do that for every race in November (since the party is broke - although that does not mean individuals cannot raise a lot of cash), and it is why trying to turn a seat during a special election where you can concentrate funding on one candidate is a great strategy. However, if the GOP can get their act together and turn out the vote come November, these elections may not be that close (or flipped).

The GOP spent five times what Dems did. Blue Wave is coming! 

This was literally a gerrymandered GOP seat! 

Trump candidates 5-0

Cortez the Killer candidates 0-3

33 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I expect most if not all the provisional ballots to go for O'Conner.... It's the Democrat way in close race to help them over the hump

It really matters in November when they vote again, but the Dems pinned a lot of hope on easily taking this one

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Former Michigan state Rep. Rashida Tlaib won the Democratic nomination for Michigan's 13th Congressional District, paving the way for her to become the first Muslim woman elected into Congress. 

Tlaib, who ran for a House seat previously held by former Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), defeated five other candidates in the state's Democratic primary, according to The Associated Press.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/400843-michigan-set-to-elect-first-muslim-woman-to-congress

The GOP spent five times what Dems did. Blue Wave is coming! 

This was literally a gerrymandered GOP seat! 

I thought it was a barn burner?

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The partisan lean in this district the last two presidential elections was plus 14 Republican.  If results hold, that's a plus 13 point Democratic swing which is around the average of all the special elections so far.  If that pattern holds, it's not good news for the House Republicans this November.  I'm sure the Dems will find some way to screw it up though.

this race means nothing, especially because the Republicans held their treasury out for them election that will matter in the fall not this **** show 

Someone intellectually dishonest like Dr Sack or 26copypaste will hoist this loss as a victory.

Someone without intellect like Tiberius or @donbb Crow disirregardless of anything

6 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

this race means nothing, especially because the Republicans held their treasury out for them election that will matter in the fall not this **** show 

Someone intellectually dishonest like Dr Sack or 26copypaste will hoist this loss as a victory.

Someone without intellect like Tiberius or @donbb Crow disirregardless of anything

How am I dishonest about the Balderson-OConnor race. I predicted a R win.  Another moderate D loss.

29 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

How am I dishonest about the Balderson-OConnor race. I predicted a R win.  Another moderate D loss.

you're believing that it actually has an impact on this election or it will be swung

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Where did they find them, Minnesota?

I thought DWS was out as DNC chair.

Is she really still there???

"Democrat district in #OH12 'finds' hundreds of new votes in close election"

"Dems" do that to the CLIMATE DATA all the time...