I'm sure this will happen to all of us in 20+ years

It sounds funny at first, but consider most of the really famous, top acts in rock 'n roll are in fact elderly themselves.

Paul McCartney: 76

Eric Clapton: 73

Sting: 66

Elton John: 71

Steven Tyler: 70

Eddie Van Halen: 63

Mick Jagger: 75

Roger Daltrey: 74

Pete Townshend: 73

Etc.

14 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

It sounds funny at first, but consider most of the really famous, top acts in rock 'n roll are in fact elderly themselves.

Paul McCartney: 76

Eric Clapton: 73

Sting: 66

Elton John: 71

Steven Tyler: 70

Eddie Van Halen: 63

Mick Jagger: 75

Roger Daltrey: 74

Pete Townshend: 73

Etc.

Those guys haven't been "top acts" in 20 years.

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

All of them have more talent in their little fingers today than any of the so-called stars since 2000.

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Right, like Paul McCartney being asked to do the closing ceremony at the London Olympics a few years ago.  Not that big a gig.

Or The Who doing the Superbowl halftime show a few years ago.  Probably not much of a TV audience for that.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Paul McCartney was the 7th highest grossing rock and roll act in 2017.

Stones were 9th.

#1 was U2, who average a spry 57 years of age.

I honestly wonder what fills the void. Granted, great stuff can live on for generations, but what’s next?  Greatness is timeless, but what’s new and upcoming? Regardless, I’m happy to see rap fade away. I sat through way too many HS and AAU hoops gyms listening to warm up garbage. Sometimes adults should just take charge. 

Yes! My lawn needs protection! 

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

"If it's too loud, you're too old". Clearly these guys aren't there yet.

Best part is they were "disoriented and dazed" when police found them. How did that differ from anyone else at the show?

No such thing as too loud, when you can't hear!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I honestly wonder what fills the void. Granted, great stuff can live on for generations, but what’s next?  Greatness is timeless, but what’s new and upcoming? Regardless, I’m happy to see rap fade away. I sat through way too many HS and AAU hoops gyms listening to warm up garbage. Sometimes adults should just take charge. 

Yes! My lawn needs protection! 

You can't ask what's new and upcoming. Just open up Spotify and get yourself acquainted with new stuff. 

The 60's-70's were revolutionary, but music has moved on. The talent pool is much greater now, consisting of rockers who were inspired by that generation.

It's good. You'll find plenty of stuff you like if you open up to it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Hell Yeah !!

For those who don't know Wacken is the.biggest heaviest show in the world and for a tribute to this festival I submit the greatest Death Metal band of all time !!!

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hell Yeah !!

For those who don't know Wacken is the.biggest heaviest show in the world and for a tribute to this festival I submit the greatest Death Metal band of all time !!!

I think they finally finished dying:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/08/07/fetus-american-airlines-plane-laguardia-airport/922668002/