Harry Jacobs miked up 1964

6 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

“Say mac, what are ya, some kinda Philadelphia Lawyer? You think I’m some rube that just fell off the turnip truck? Why I oughtta!”

Am I close?

Well done...

8 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

“Say mac, what are ya, some kinda Philadelphia Lawyer? You think I’m some rube that just fell off the turnip truck? Why I oughtta!”

Am I close?

Very close.  

You forgot that the cigarettes during possession changes and time outs. 

"Anyone got a match?  I can't light my Lucky Strike"

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Am I close?

That's more 1944, not 1964.

Edited by Fadingpain

14 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Watch the video and focus on #64's speed, agility, and overall level of athleticism, or lack thereof.

He wouldn't make a training camp roster in the NFL in 2018.

I never heard of the guy so I don't know how good he was or wasn't.  He was slow in today's standards...not sure about back then

Edited by Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Watch the video and focus on #64's speed, agility, and overall level of athleticism, or lack thereof.

He wasn't slow...

He was just running up hill and in the snow! 

Both ways!!

And he didn't complain!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

He led the #1 ranked defense in the AFL at the time.  That defense was the reason the Bills won 2 championships in the mid 60's.   Some of the best Bills ever are in that video - Tom Sestak (70), Mike Stratton (58), Booker Edgerson (24), Butch Byrd (42), and Georges Saimes (26) are all on the Wall of Fame.  Jim Dunaway (78) was and excellent young tackle that went to Miami to finish his career.  I see Ron McDole (72) who was a giant DE that had a very  long career, after the Bills foolishly traded him he became a starter for the Redskins famous Over the Hill Gang.  What characters.    Tom "Tippy" Day was the other DE. 

Different game, different era, but don't knock it.  Football was fun to watch in the 60's thru 80's.   More hitting, less rules, less timeouts, no replays, less commercials, less hype, and no over-analysis of every play to painful detail. 

If those players back then were young and training in todays environment many of them would make it in todays game.    

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 8

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Saw this on my Facebook feed.

This was before my time so I don’t know who this guy is.

For you old timers....enjoy!

Good stuff, but no way it's 1964 with him facing the Dolphins who came into the AFL in '66.