1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills get Corey Coleman - a top talent that struggled for two years 

Cleveland gets - 7th round pick in 2020

yeah no one can dog this trade. 

There have to be questions about why the price is so low

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

because he hasn't done anything to be worth more......Bills taking a chance on a talented college player hoping he will play well....

Just now, GG said:

He hasnt been good and has been hurt. He may never find his game but heck take that away. 

Any player cost controlled for 2 years with a 5th year option is worth a 7th round pick 2 years away. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s summed up pretty well in this thread

People were speculating anywhere between 4th & 5th in 2019.  A 7th in 2020 is different. 

Let's hope this is a wake up call

Just now, hemma said:

A 7th … man they really wanted to turn him loose.

Hope he stays healthyish.

What it says to me is he didn’t have a trade market, the Browns were going to cut him, and the WR-needy Bills lobbed a case of beer their way so they didn’t have to compete with another team to sign him on the open market. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GG said:

People were speculating anywhere between 4th & 5th in 2019.  A 7th in 2020 is different. 

Let's hope this is a wake up call

I see this as a similar situation as Dareus.  He went for a 6th, conditional 5th.  The Bills just wanted nothing to do with him anymore and it looks like Cleveland the same.

It would appear that the Browns have gone all in on the FUBAR method of personnel management. It's the old I'll pay you next Tuesday year time Haley's Comet comes around for a wide receiver today. If I was Beane I'd set up a special hotline between the teams.

5 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

This board was so happy to trade Watkins but is happy to add this guy.  Watkins at least produced, this guy hasn't. 

But if it us a low round pick, the risk is low.

I still doubt they cut Zay. But maybe he is also moved for a low round pick.

The board was so happy to trade Watkins? Please. A few people were, but most were not. I can dredge up the threads from the archive if you would like.

but i don’t really see any relevance  between trading SW and what would have been either a gigantic FA contract or nothing in return for a 2nd rd pick ...and trading a 7th in 2020 for a former 1st rounder and cheap player under contract for at least 2 more years other than they play the same position. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

I think that the entire point is that you are getting a guy with a lot of talent for basically nothing. Your WR group is very bad. You have no speed. At best, Coleman stays healthy and starts to live up to his potential. At worst he’s a speed guy that you have been desperately missing.  There isn’t a Bills fan in the world that shouldn’t be happy with this. Coleman may never be great (or even good) but he is an upgrade with upside. For a 7th round pick in 2020 I don’t know how anyone can not like it...

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Why are so many of you slobbering over Foster?  He’s shown very little in camp. He wasn’t drafted for a reason. 

I’d like to see Reilly/DuPree/Phillips get a shot. 

I went to three practices last week and Foster is the one who stood out to me over all those guys.  A media guy tweets something about Foster not holding onto the ball after Bush makes a great play to strip him and suddenly he's having a bad camp.  What I don't get is the Reilly love honestly.  He was invisible to me those three days.  Also don't get Kerley honestly - dude is so tiny can't imagine him surviving in the slot

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the entire point is that you are getting a guy with a lot of talent for basically nothing. Your WR group is very bad. You have no speed. At best, Coleman stays healthy and starts to live up to his potential. At worst he’s a speed guy that you have been desperately missing.  There isn’t a Bills fan in the world that shouldn’t be happy with this. Coleman may never be great (or even good) but he is an upgrade with upside. For a 7th round pick in 2020 I don’t know how anyone can not like it...

I like the trade.  I just think a rookie like Foster will beat him out.  Worth a 7th to take a shot but no one here should think he's an automatic upgrade given his history.

I confess I only watched the Browns a couple of times last year - the Texans (which he didn't play in) and the Packers.  His catch % is a worry having looked it up. Over the two years he has been in the league he hadn't struck me as someone who drops the ball.  Someone who runs a limited route tree? Sure.  But obviously he has dropped a lot of balls. Still I think this is a good risk v reward move.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I like the trade.  I just think a rookie like Foster will beat him out.  Worth a 7th to take a shot but no one here should think he's an automatic upgrade given his history.

I don’t think Foster will beat him out. Based on practice reports that kid will be lucky to make the PS.

• Like (+1) 1