McCaron gets first team reps 2 days in a row.

AJ should have at least 4 games to make some cash based on how he does. Or become hospitalized and open the door for someone else. Both are serious possibilities in my mind, but I hope I’m wrong. At least none of the OLine will pout because he replaced Tyrod. (Relax, I’m NOT saying that happened, but....? )  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

this battle feels like the texans hoyer vs mallett in 2015. it was the hard knocks. you walked away thinking there are no clear winners, just hot hands. 

That made me sad just to read it.     ?

Gheez yall are tough.  We had a guy that led us to playoffs but we couldn't wait to get rid of him and did.  Now we're trashing the new guy that has yet to take a snap in a Bill suit even though he has thrown a 2 TD passes in the playoffs.

TOUGH CROWD

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Augie said:

AJ should have at least 4 games to make some cash based on how he does. Or become hospitalized and open the door for someone else. Both are serious possibilities in my mind, but I hope I’m wrong. At least none of the OLine will pout because he replaced Tyrod. (Relax, I’m NOT saying that happened, but....? )  

...certainly the OL had its "moments" last year and could conceivably have the same this year with all of the newness as well as DaBolls's proclamation that it will be scheme specific to the opponent....wonder HOW or even IF their job was made more difficult with TT at the helm.....with our lethargic passing game, teams stacked the box with 8+ daring him to pass.....so run blocking potentially is more difficult....as far as pass blocking, knowing "where the hell he is THIS play" has to make pass blocking more difficult and stretch their time to hold blocks.....he could NOT process the entire field in 5 seconds or less (AIN'T EASY)....so is he scrambling right, left, found his guy, still looking all while to OL is attempting to hold their blocks.....just a thought...

A few local media types have suggested that may mean McCarron has opened a slight lead in the QB competition.  OK Maybe.  I don't really have a horse in this race.  I want to see all of them do well.  If McCarron wins the competition and starts ths season, I'm fine with that.  Obviously, the Bills drafted Josh Allen to be their starter some day.  That needs to happen at some point to assure the regime's long term success, but it doesn't need to happen this season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

A few local media types have suggested that may mean McCarron has opened a slight lead in the QB competition.  OK Maybe.  I don't really have a horse in this race.  I want to see all of them do well.  If McCarron wins the competition and starts ths season, I'm fine with that.  Obviously, the Bills drafted Josh Allen to be their starter some day.  That needs to happen at some point to assure the regime's long term success, but it doesn't need to happen this season.

I don't understand this rationale.  What is he going to be able to do next season, for example, that he can't do this season?

He will learn by doing, and he will either have it or not have it.  You don't need a 5 year plan and constant tutoring to see if a QB is going to work or not work.

I don't recall lots of hesitation and reluctance to play Jim Kelly when he became a Bill.  He was leaving the Mickey Mouse USFL and in theory, there could have been question marks regarding his transition to the NFL.  No one was suggesting adjusting him slowly, etc.

Why?  Because he could play.  And everyone knew it.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 4

The whole time I have pretty much felt like AJ will start. I also think he will do well. I have always said then Bengals are dumb for not playing AJ. The only playoff game they should have won, was the one Mccarron started. I think from then on they should have moved forward with him as the starter. I’m glad we picked him up. I feel like it’s going to come down to wether or not Josh looks ready to play in 2018. If Allen looks like he COULD play, I think we cut Peterman and just got with AJ and Allen. If Allen looks like he needs more time, we cary 3 QBs. Either way I see Mccarron as the starter regardless.

• Like (+1) 1

So do we select a QB with our top 5 pick then next year?

I understand people think he's a project, but if Allen isn't discernable from McCarron, then wtf are they doing?

34 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I want Allen to do well. I have a horse in this race and it's a top ten pick with guaranteed money. Him busting is a waste. How anyone could not care about Allen beating out the other two bums is beyond me.

14 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The whole time I have pretty much felt like AJ will start. I also think he will do well. I have always said then Bengals are dumb for not playing AJ. The only playoff game they should have won, was the one Mccarron started. I think from then on they should have moved forward with him as the starter. I’m glad we picked him up. I feel like it’s going to come down to wether or not Josh looks ready to play in 2018. If Allen looks like he COULD play, I think we cut Peterman and just got with AJ and Allen. If Allen looks like he needs more time, we cary 3 QBs. Either way I see Mccarron as the starter regardless.

AJ's only regular season starts came in 2015 when Andy Dalton got hurt.  The Cinci offense was humming that year under Dalton, averaging 376 yards per game over the course of the first 13 games.  When AJ came in relief the  last three games, the offense slowed considerably - averaging only 276 yards per game.   AJ averaged a Tyrod-esque 184 yards passing in his three regular season starts.  

Think about this: the Bengals offense was 100 yards per game worse with AJ under center than Dalton.  Why would Cinci play AJ ahead of Dalton???

As Bills fans, we can only hope that AJ is a better QB today than he was in 2015.  Otherwise, he's Tyrod Taylor without the legs.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1