My opinion on "Big Cat"

My dad always said "your actions will always drown out your words" So I for one stopped listening to JP's words in the few press conferences and interviews he has had so far and further investigated his behavioural patterns.

1) He injured his leg trying to get extra yards (in a practice!, of all things) rather than scooting out of bounds a few yards shorter. Now I know some of you call that stupidity, but if you really think about it, it also shows determination and "heart" things I like to see in a QB.

2) Sam Wyche has been quoted as saying that he has had a hard time getting his work done because JPL has been spending so much extra time asking him questions above and beyond regular film study and playbook work. That tells me that this guy wants to be the best, well prepared QB on any given Sunday!

3) He was the first guy on the team after the season was over in the film room, working out and preparing for next season even before the Bledsoe announcement was made!.... and during the Bledsoe PConf MM said that JP was studying film as he spoke!

I don't know if this guy is THE GUY that we've been waiting for since Jimbo left us in a wake of Todd Collins, RJ, DB, mess of never-weres but if you look at what he's doing right now as we sit here at our computers, I believe that no-one out there is trying harder to represent their football team and make it a winner than this kid. I can wholeheartedly support this guy based on what I've seen so far. :w00t:

My dad always said "your actions will always drown out your words" So I for one stopped listening to JP's words in the few press conferences and interviews he has had so far and further investigated his behavioural patterns.

1) He injured his leg trying to get extra yards (in a practice!, of all things) rather than scooting out of bounds a few yards shorter. Now I know some of you call that stupidity, but if you really think about it, it also shows determination and "heart" things I like to see in a QB.

2) Sam Wyche has been quoted as saying that he has had a hard time getting his work done because JPL has been spending so much extra time asking him questions above and beyond regular film study and playbook work. That tells me that this guy wants to be the best, well prepared QB on any given Sunday!

3) He was the first guy on the team after the season was over in the film room, working out and preparing for next season even before the Bledsoe announcement was made!.... and during the Bledsoe PConf MM said that JP was studying film as he spoke!

I don't know if this guy is THE GUY that we've been waiting for since Jimbo left us in a wake of Todd Collins, RJ, DB, mess of never-weres but if you look at what he's doing right now as we sit here at our computers, I believe that no-one out there is trying harder to represent their football team and make it a winner than this kid. I can wholeheartedly support this guy based on what I've seen so far. :w00t:

277661[/snapback]

I agree with you. Even if he isnt the second coming of Favre, at least his a$$ is in Buffalo studying and working out. I like that, at least he is committed.

I agree with you.  Even if he isnt the second coming of Favre, at least his a$$ is in Buffalo studying and working out.  I like that, at least he is committed.

277664[/snapback]

I liked the fact that Jim did a tv spot with this kid too, I don't recall him doing anything like this with Collins, RJ, or even Flutie! Hopefully Jim sees something in this guy that's special and that's why he agreed to do the ad. I don't think he needs the money! :w00t:

Keep close to the bomb shelter as countless people will now reply how he has proven nothing outside of being a frail lepper, due to his broken leg. He is completely undeserving of getting a chance to prove himself. The Coaches were fooled into thinking he had any level of talent.

Your optimistic, cautious approach has no place in the valley of extremes, known as TSW. :w00t:

Keep close to the bomb shelter as countless people will now reply how he has proven nothing outside of being a frail lepper, due to his broken leg. He is completely undeserving of getting a chance to prove himself. The Coaches were fooled into thinking he had any level of talent.

Your optimistic, cautious approach has no place in the valley of extremes, known as TSW.  :w00t:

277677[/snapback]

:w00t:

Your optimistic, cautious approach has no place in the valley of extremes, known as TSW.  :w00t:

277677[/snapback]

Valley of Extremes?

I thought it was a retard rodeo!

jim did a spot with db for sabres games too...

I have to agree with canbuffan on most of what was said. That injury was completely freak. No way does that happen again, even if vincent hit him the same way the next 100 times. With that said, i'll take a guy who tries to get a first down in PRACICE over someone who jokes around and twirls footballs on his fingers. The heart is there, the strength is there, the talent is there, but as of last year, the knowledge and preperation weren't there. Big cat is getting that piece together as we speak. Now, the big question is, can he play?? Till opening day, we're just going to kid ourselves and post nonsense about garbage time interceptions or how stupid he was for getting his leg broken.

As for mark's sarcasm, i hope you all can see that the dude broke his leg. its not like he fell on a football and "cracked cartilidge" or had turf toe.

I agree with you.  Even if he isnt the second coming of Favre, at least his a$$ is in Buffalo studying and working out.  I like that, at least he is committed.

277664[/snapback]

i remember hearing the same things about rob johnson.

:doh:

i remember hearing the same things about rob johnson.

:doh:

278086[/snapback]

That's true. From what I could remember RJ did spend one offseason in Buffalo. That was the year he was picked over Flutie, right? And then again, who was the offesive coordinator that year? Sheppard, wasn't it? A west coast offense that wasn't suitable for RJ's talents.

MM and co. are a lot better than the old regime so I'm confident the offseason work will pay off for JPL.

I don't know if this guy is THE GUY that we've been waiting for since Jimbo left us in a wake of Todd Collins, RJ, DB, mess of never-weres but if you look at what he's doing right now as we sit here at our computers, I believe that no-one out there is trying harder to represent their football team and make it a winner than this kid. I can wholeheartedly support this guy based on what I've seen so far. :doh:

277661[/snapback]

Nice job, bro......so far we have many more reasons to be optimistic about this kid than we do to be pessimistic. He clearly appears dedicated to the Bills and the opportunity they've given him as the starter. Im excited to see what he can do.....Obviously he'll have a period of time where he'll need to work through the growing pains, but if he can minimize his mistakes in the process it will help this team tremendously. Willis has got to stay healthy and our D has to build on what the established last year. If they can do that while JP works out the kinks and gets the experience he needs, I like our chances of making some noise in '05

Nice job, bro......so far we have many more reasons to be optimistic about this kid than we do to be pessimistic. He clearly appears dedicated to the Bills and the opportunity they've given him as the starter. Im excited to see what he can do.....Obviously he'll have a period of time where he'll need to work through the growing pains, but if he can minimize his mistakes in the process it will help this team tremendously. Willis has got to stay healthy and our D has to build on what the established last year. If they can do that while JP works out the kinks and gets the experience he needs, I like our chances of making some noise in '05

278162[/snapback]

Please, stop selling JP short, OK?

I fully expect him to break all NFL passing records within a 5 year span, six at the most. After that he will probably choose to retire, and will be enshrined in Canton before his 32nd birthday.

Please, show a tad more respect for JP when you post in the future. This guy has proven a TON! Wake up, and pay him the homage that he is due, all right?!

Sheesh! :lol::D:D

Please, stop selling JP short, OK?

I fully expect him to break all NFL passing records within a 5 year span, six at the most. After that he will probably choose to retire, and will be enshrined in Canton before his 32nd birthday.

Please, show a tad more respect for JP when you post in the future. This guy has proven a TON! Wake up, and pay him the homage that he is due, all right?!

Sheesh!  :lol:  :D  :D

Who knows what the truth about JPL will truly be, at this early stage. I think the fact that he's spending all his time in Buffalo learning is a good sign. I also like his attitude, as evidenced by that "what's so funny, Big Cat?" episode. And he's got all the physical tools you want to see. So hopefully the head will match the body and we'll see a hell of a QB in Buffalo! That being said though, he's got a TON to prove.

Who knows what the truth about JPL will truly be, at this early stage.  I think the fact that he's spending all his time in Buffalo learning is a good sign.  I also like his attitude, as evidenced by that "what's so funny, Big Cat?" episode.  And he's got all the physical tools you want to see.  So hopefully the head will match the body and we'll see a hell of a QB in Buffalo!  That being said though, he's got a TON to prove.

281137[/snapback]

OK, you got me. This post makes sense, and I truly have zero rebuttal. Too bad, whereas I am in the mood to be a wiseass. :lol:

I don't know if this guy is THE GUY that we've been waiting for since Jimbo left us in a wake of Todd Collins, RJ, DB, mess of never-weres but if you look at what he's doing right now as we sit here at our computers, I believe that no-one out there is trying harder to represent their football team and make it a winner than this kid. I can wholeheartedly support this guy based on what I've seen so far. :lol:

277661[/snapback]

Thanks for the reminder of that profound "Big Cat" quote.

The next time I am tempted to read bullsh!t such as "Nothing Gold Can Stay" by Robert Frost, I will know at once to instead reflect upon these profound words from our new superstar qb, and relish the memories of what he proved that he can do in 04.!!

It is no wonder why sculptors are standing by, ready to recreate his bust and rush their works into Canton!!!

It is no wonder why sculptors are standing by, ready to recreate his bust and rush their works into Canton!!!

281145[/snapback]

Bill, you are much more entertaining when you're in sarcasm mode :lol: